The Suicide Code

Discussion in 'General' started by Private Sandbag, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

had this idea a long time, never printed it. I think it would be really useful. I don't think suicide spawning is a good thing in the mod, but it's in it so we might as well use it.

often, people cry out SUICIDE SPAWN TO THIS POSITION RIGHT NOW!!!!

well, should I? if i'm building a refinary, should i really spawn to a new frontline barracks without finishing it? no. but if our comm was walled, damn right you should suicide that very second. so here's a little easy code to remember:

Beta Priority

the least important sort of suicide spawn, this is for whenever you need people to spawn to something in your own territory. for instance, an APC about to rush the enemy base, or a barracks just built on the front line. suicide spawning here is just for players that are not currently being useful.

Alpha Priority

this is for whenever you have a spawn inside enemy territory- a barracks/apc in their base for instance. This can be used defensively should the enemy get a barracks behind enemy lines.

Omega Priority

this is the most important suicide by far. this is for when you have a spawn next to their comm and it cannot escape, such as if it's being trapped by a tank, or walled. alternatively use it if your own CV is walled. This is the kind of situation where you stop building a building and suicide right away.

so for instance, you're ingame. you get an APC and idle in your territory while people get in. you call out "SUICIDE TO MY APC, BETA PRIORITY" or something similar. you manage to drive the apc past the front line and now you're in the enemy territory. this could be the turning point in the match, especially on a map like slaughtered, so you call out "ALPHA PRIORITY SUICIDE NOW". after taking out the base, you hear that your commander is being walled, so then you call "OMEGA SUICIDE TO BASE"

2. Notorious

Notorious Member

I think I'm too lazy to use those, I'll keep them in mind if you or someone else does so I know how important it is, though.

Maybe if there were voice command from the F menu with "return to base" voice prioty messages. I'd probably use those.

Cause without reading this thread I would have to say you would just create more confusion than awareness among non-forum peoples.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

Beta > Alpha > Omega? Let's make it even more confusing by using a color-coded alert system. :p

But even if you came up with a simple system (oh idunno, how about "Low", "Medium" and "High" priorities?) chances are that everyone will always call out a High priority no matter what.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

well, it's

Omega > Alpha > Beta

Omega is the last letter in the greek alphabet and also means "end". I guess it is a bit confusing. I'm not happy with alpha especially because it's also a squad name.

5. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Nice idea, but Chahk is right that people will abuse it. If you could integrate it as a commander-only option, then thats a different story....

6. Notorious

Notorious Member

yea definitely, like i said, some sort of "return to base" voice command that implies the necessity.

I mean there are the basic notifications like, "barracks under attack!" or "Vehicle Factory taking heavy damage!" which more experienced players respond to almost instinctively especially when its obvious no ones attacking the base, and that means theres some annoying scout you need to terminate.

But if there was a personal manual command like "Priorty Message: Defeat imminent, return to base immediately!", that the commander had, since some of them don't have mics, would be nice, especially since I generally completely miss typed chat when I'm focused on something.

7. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Code green, code red, and code brown for when the shit is hitting the fan.

8. Demented

Demented Member

Usually you can tell the danger by whatever someone says, and a quick glance at the minimap.

I.e.
    High-Priority: CV is under attack and trapped. Usually prefaced by "omg com" or "FLAG".
    Medium-Priority: There's an offensive spawnpoint near a base. Usually mentions "barracks" or "APC".
    Low-Priority: Someone just made a party bus. Usually involves some angry dude in voice chat who likes driving around with 7 people in tow.

9. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Eh, nobody follows orders in pubs anyway.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

i killspawn everytime i want to go somewhere and it takes more than 7 seconds

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

haha, i rofld

by the way, anyone of you took notice that your alphabet order is wrong?

alpha is primary (logically to me the most important), beta is secondary, and so on...

but you guys turned it around and then threw omega into it for some reason...

12. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Most players who know how to kill spawn know that if their commander is yelling that he is walled in and needs backup that its serious.

People also know how serious it is when an APC is on the enemy CV or there's a spawn point behind the enemy lines.

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

Maybe it should be implemented as a feature in the game so Omega Priority (very high) costs 2 tickets, but instant respawn, then Alpha Priority spawn which takes 1 ticket and normal respawn, then Beta Priority spawn which takes 0 tickets but longer respawn time.

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i stuck in omega because it means "End", and is used when spawning to a location is to create or prevent the end of the game. also it sounds cool.

15. Empty

Empty Member

It'd be better if they were in alphabetical order, I know it's not correct but it's less confusing for nubs.

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i think code green, code red, code brown... that's good.

17. RepublicA

RepublicA Member

If everyone made this much sense we wouldn't need code-suggestions. Usually if someone is squeeling about being in the back of their base or squeeling in general just press 'm' and see where they are/what is around them.

18. Caelo

Caelo Member

one word: abuse.. :)

I think everyone will just shout OMEGA PRIORITY!!!

19. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

So it is there tickets go...:rolleyes:

But I would just like to give one shout to those people who ''KILLSPAWN TO THIS APC''

Seriously, it takes 7 seconds to respawn, and then it might not be 100% sure that the apc will be alive, thus get the people in the apc BEFORE rushing.

20. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

^_^ commanders should be able to kill their team as well for [Insert random reason here].

if you are so screwed that you can't even type it or shout on the mic to get peoples attention, odds are you'd die before they were able to respawn anyhow.