The scout sniper

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by FocusedWolf, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Member

Hi, i'm new to this game but so far after trying everything... i find the only fun parts being buying a jeep (just to hear my team cry), getting a heavy tank with dual rails and thripple ml, and being a scout sniper.

So i got some suggestions for powers i think the sniper should have.

1. ability to setup claymore mines (like for self defense or offense) as either a booby trap or for remote detonation... or shoot it to blow it... (imagine you crawl in... set up like 5 of them to be bound to like keys 1-5... then crawl somewhere fun to watch.. and boom boom boom boom ... short delay for medics to come... and boom. :P

1.5. ability to dispose of enemy mines by shooting them

2. ability to call artillery. ya i know theirs a way to spot them with the binoculars but i never notice explosions from bombs falling from the sky. I think their needs to be something like in the game Bad-Company where the sniper (in multiplayer) can aim his laser designator at a enemy tank and artillery will actually occur without teams help.

3. we need antimaterial rifle... like a Barrett... so then we can sabotage enemy vehicles (maybe it'll freeze them from moving for like 10 seconds...) from afar by putting big holes in their engine blocks... and shoot out turrets etc... maybe with a class upgrade for like doing that with armor piercing ammo.

4. a ghille suit would be cool for when you don't have cloak

5. better gun models and reticle when aiming etc.

6. A knife for silent kills.

7. a thermal scope option for fast enemy finding.

8. Ability to ride/spawn on the command vehicle with commander. Yes the scout could then work closely with the commander... maybe the commander will want a sniper to watch enemy movements so he can get transported early into position. And the plus is regardless of what the com wants, the sniper will have the advantage of mobility when the rest of the team is sucking wind for a apc. The sniper could really help the team in this way because that's exactly what he does now... and the faster the better lol

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Sorry, my troll-o-meter just exploded.
    Get.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Out.

No

This is empires, not bad company, you're also a fucktard, grenadiers do this.

This has been shot down more times than I've posted.

What.

Make them yourself, dickhead

Go back to CSS.

Get out of my sight.

No. No no nononononono.

No.
    No.

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Empty, shut up, please.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Pff. If I hadn't posted, dizzyone would come in here with his yell-mobile and said the same thing.

5. communism

communism poof

It seems like every idea you had was to make scout the perfect class. Not trying to offend or anything but you have to think of balance. There are 4 classes each class is designed to fulfill a certain roll.

Think of the scouts "role" in your eyes and then suggest some new idea's that could further its development.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

filler

7. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Yes. The scout is not there for scouting, it is actually just there to have a sniper in the game and that's just good.
    /sarcasm.

8. TheBoff

TheBoff Member

It is often said that if you can't say anything constructive, don't say anything at all...

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Yeah then theres only the godmode left for scouts ... but if we can implent him shooting tanks and stick enemys to walls with knives (hrhr i just remembered the hidden-mod) ... we should give him godmode 2 ...yes and of course the ability to fly for 2 min that sounds fun!!!! :D
    /sry for sarcasm

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  10. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Member

Just thinking about this a bit more... perhaps their should be a way for commander to have artillery early in game instead of at the very end... (obvioussly it'd have a range like a quarter of a map so as not to be to over powered... maybe it would be built on points like a refinery)

Then snipers can then defend a base by laser picking out targets.

11. TheBoff

TheBoff Member

ARE YOU IMPERVIOUS TO SARCASM, A TOTAL MORON, OR JUST A TROLL!!!

In order to make worse points the community has already decided are bad you would only need to add some sort of super-rapid-firing nade to the scout!

1) The scout is fairly flawed as it is, and is currently the discussion of hot debate.

2) Turret farming is one of the least fun tactics in empires already, and arty used to be an unstoppable rape machine until it was nerfed.

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

This isn't going to end any better than it began.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.