The Repair Station

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Beerdude26, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Squid_AT1

Squid_AT1 Anchors Aweigh My Boys, Anchors Aweigh!

I think the engineer's ability to repair vehicle is fine. Lets not fix something that ain't broke.

As mentioned before, the repair pad is Ssssllllllloooooowwwww.

Make the thing repair and re-arm vehicles twice or three times as fast as it does now. I'd definitely buy one of those.

Forget the building repair Aura. Thats what the Base Bitch is for.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

The repair pad is slow. so useless to most people who could just find an engineer team mate.

solution? make the repair pad fast.

but then we have the problem of people just sitting on the repair pad shooting people, and being indestructable.

solution? make it so there can't be a driver in order for it to repair.

there we go. no more problems.

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Make it so it will only repair if there isn't damage taken in say, 10 seconds.

4. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

In my opinion repair pad's repairing speed is just fine.

One,
    two,
    three,
    four seconds. One side's plates fixed, moving on to the next side. Can't you really wait for 16 + repair time taken to repair hull? If you really need to lightning fast repairing run in your armory/barrack and change yourself to engineer and repair with the repair pad. Now you have repaired your tank under 10 seconds.

Have fun. :headshot:

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

false. if you go engineer, your tool ammos = 0

6. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

If the Repair Pad is under attack, it can't repair for 10 seconds. That way, someone can't just hop out and back in for a quick repair. Kick up the repair pad's speed, let it upgrade and let it re-arm and repair other buildings at a VERY slow rate so the cost is worth it.

Stealing other peoples vehicles was considerd and shot down before. Vehicles are bought and shouldn't just be allowed to be jacked by any random rambo's passing by. But I don't think I've heard the idea of Tow Trucks before x.x. That actually sounds fun. Being lightly armored, you'd have to protect them in order to bring the vehicle back to the repair pad. Also, you could limit the scout class via a Hijack skill in order to give the Scout some more presence of role. Tow truck could easily just be a jeep add on.

7. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

Why not create an aura for the repair pad like in c&C where the warfactory repairs within a radius? Like cars get fixed outside of mechanic shops all the time. Increase speed sure sounds good too. Lower Cost I saw in this thread...hells yah forward repair stations to help hold key areas.
    I definitely like the refit addition.

8. Caelo

Caelo Member

The reapair pad is already altered in RC18 right?

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no one wants to wait 15 seconds for their vehicle to repair. they've already dragged it back to base: they want it now. if you actually died in the field instead of repaired, you would spawn at base after 7 seconds (instead of driving back) and you would then get a new vehicle instantly (instead of after 20 seconds)

the only thing that makes you want to repair back at base right now is the fact that you save your team resources, and even then most people would probably agree that most people arn't that team contientoius...

in fact, if you had a tank battle with an identical tank and won in the middle of the map, and then you go back to repair, then the next time you fight you will meet 3/4 of the way towards your base....

10. Squid_AT1

Squid_AT1 Anchors Aweigh My Boys, Anchors Aweigh!

The repair pad is not indestructible. So the vehicle continues to be repaired and rearmed. If the vehicle is being attacked while in the Pad, let the Pad take the damage. Maybe lower armor and increase its cost. Make it worth having but easier to be destroyed.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

with lower health (for this and perhaps the armoury too) then they will be quicker to construct, which is good for when you want one in the field.

12. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Well such things happened before RC18. When you're in a hurry you can choose right armor and engine but forget to bind cannon to a slot. I think I wasted several thousands of resources just because I wanted to get artillery quick. :P

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

sandbag, if the repair was too fast, it would destroy balance. if the repair took only a few seconds, defenders could potentially have ever-lasting tanks.

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

And he might have a heavier tank by then.

I like the idea of having to hop out of the tank to get it fixed. There should be some animation or way of knowing that the repair is going on and when it is done. Maby there should be a console the user holds E on to get the tank fixed and a status bar shows on the bottom of the screen showing progress. When its done.. its fixed and fully loaded.

15. picard131

picard131 Member

That is exactly what tank whores love to hear. Not the Empires 'overusers of tanks' tank whores, the BF2, FPS-obsessed 'Will TK entire team to get the biggest vehicle for 10 seconds and crash it in BF2' tank whore.

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

What if tank repair happened at an exponential rate? What I mean is that healing starts slow and goes faster the longer you're there. That way, if you need to get a lot of damage fixed, it can happen quickly, but if you're taking damage while on the pad you're not going to get too far or be invincible. Let it give ammo at that rate too, though it doesn't really matter. Ammo isn't as important and keeping your heat down for the most part. Hey, you could even have repairing add some heat, cause of welding or nanobots etc.

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ohh?

Everyone talks about that game, I have yet to try it.. must be better then Empires.

<uninstalls empires>
    <installs BF2>

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

<shoots ViroMan>

19. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

<twice>

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't think so- because as has been said, the driver has to be out of the vehicle for it to repair. take in mind that if they are sticking at their base with this repair station (which would still take 5 seconds to heal your vehicle) then you basically have them pinned in their base anyway.