The RC4 Developer Script discussion thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Sep 4, 2012.

1. LawnNome

LawnNome Member

tl;dr I think you should stuff your crustiest sock in your pants or perhaps just man the fuck up.

2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

NOOOO! :cry:
    Why so pessimistic?

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

And I think you should make more use of the obviously underused organ, that other people call a brain, and instead of randomly insulting people without even bothering to state a goddammed reason and add something constructive to the argument for a change.

Also, excuse me, fucking princess, for giving a shit about the mod and trying to make the devs not do some really stupid thing, that, in my opinion will be final nail to my favourite mod of all times coffin.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  4. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

I just got a brand new computer and I dont even want to buy any new release games... I just want to play the next patch of empires...is that weird?

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

We just don't have the developers left, or to be specific, the coders. The Empires codebase is horrific, and most coders are either about to get into a time where RL takes over, or where they just want to work on something else. The game can't really be updated without coders.

Terminator has offered to take on a few of our mapping tasks, and hopefully Omneh doesn't let us down, and does what he promised during the October break. Realistically speaking, when we include testing, Christmas should be around the time. We might even be rushed to make it for Christmas, because I can't really host tests whilst I'm not in the UK, and no-one else is really capable of getting the amount of players we need. But we'll see how it all plays out.

6. Empty

Empty Member

I'm like 99% sure you can alter resistances of walls manually.

My thought is make them a little more resistant to mortar (maybe +2 mortars when unbuilt) much more resistant to tanks/he nades and a lot more resistant to seismics (maybe twice as tough)

Decon should stay the same though.

7. Trickster

Yeah essentially, I'll raise the resist of it against everything. There is no resist against calc, so it won't affect that.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

yikes lower the resistance against cannons

9. Trickster

HEMG - | Heat 3.5 -> 5 |
    Extended Range Cannon | Heat 9 -> 8 |
    BioMG | Heat 1.5 -> 3 | BioTime 8 -> 5 |
    DU MG | Heat 1.5 -> 3 |
    DU HMG | Heat 1.7 -> 3.5 |
    UML | Heat 7 -> 8 |
    Salvo | Heat 3 -> 4 |
    UGL | Heat 8 -> 12 |
    Guided | Speed 1200 -> 900 | Turning Ability 1.8 -> 1.0 |
    Homing | Speed 2500 -> 1800 | Turning Ability 3.0 -> 2.0 |
    Salvo Homing | Speed 1200 -> 900 | Turning Ability 3.0 -> 2.0 |

Gas Turbine | Heat Dissipation 8 -> 7 | Heat Output At Max 2 -> 3 |
    Fission Reactor | Heat Dissipation 8 -> 10 | Heat Output At Idle 4 -> 6 |
    Coolant | Heat Output At Max 4 -> 11 |

Regenerative | HP 50 -> 55 | InfantryMissileResist 0.0 -> 0.2 |
    Reflective | HP 60 -> 65 |
    Absorbant | HP 60 -> 55 |

Commander | Hull HP 1200 -> 1500 | Armour HP per plate 200 -> 250 |

Walls - Damage taken from everything deducted by roughly 40%, excluding Calc. Works out at like a +80% HP buff. Not applied to Calc, Std CN, ER CN and Rails.

So that's what I've done with RC5. Some of those changes are pretty extreme but they're necessary to make sure things work out. They'll be up on EPIC in the next day or 2, and then I'll give it out to other servers a couple of weeks after that, once I've tweaked it as necessary.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

the fuck cannons are already so fucking weak against walls. its impossible to take down one with ranged cannon

11. Trickster

I did post up asking if anyone had any objections, because it's pretty easy to overlook stuff like this. People brought up calc but no-one mentioned cannons.

I just removed the change for Std, ER and Rails. I can't change HE without affecting GL/UGL, and I don't see any reason to bother changing Plasma, because it's not intended for that purpose anyway.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I agree... cannons against walls is already hard to take down.

Arty takes them down damn fast but, I am sort of ok with it. Basically... if enemy got arty... your walls = piles of shit and almost complete waste of time.

13. Trickster

Yeah well, like I said, I'm more than happy to change things if they aren't right. Remember, I can't actually play Empires, so I'm entirely reliant on feedback. I reverted the cannon changes either way, except for HE, which doesn't matter too much.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

umls did take out walls quite fast too last time i played. might want to change/fix that aswell?!

15. ViroMan

I am ok with uml's taking down walls fast though. What weapons takes down walls fast for non-arty tanks? HIT, HE, UML are the only ones that do decent dmg to walls and I am ok with that. This way BE has a wall stomper and NF has a wall stomper. HE does area dmg so it will hit walls next to impact while UML does more dmg to the impact area.

16. Trickster

As I said, only those cannons listed were left out, so UML will be affected, and will deal considerably less damage to walls.

The point of making walls stronger is to try and create more dynamic battlefields. At the moment, walls just aren't permanent enough to be of any value in some cases, they're just temporary cover. It's easier to break through than go around quite a lot of the time. This is what I aim to change. I'd rather force people to make their own routes around, so that every map playthrough is different.

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I'll be really interested to see if the changes to tracking mls change how they play.
    People now seem to be quite aware of heat management, I rarely get complaints about not getting coolant

18. Trickster

I'll try and get round to adding the scripts to EPIC today. I really do think that I might have pushed some things too far, but it honestly needs testing.

19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

It is now my life ambition to kill an nf heavy with a be jeep by trailing homing missiles back to the tank that fired them!

20. ViroMan

its completely doable right now.