The offical drunk thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LordDz, Sep 4, 2010.

1. RKB53

RKB53 Member

It's illegal for me to, but someone always manages to get a hold of a tonne of drink.

Get friends...

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I had no problem getting served at 16. If you have trouble getting hold alcohol, that's pretty poor. Honestly though, I prefer a nice joint or some other shit to getting shitfaced. I generally just hate stuff that gives me a hangover though, legality is irrelevant. At the end of the day, alcohol is a depressant, and it lowers your coordination. There are far more interesting things than alcohol.

But to many people, it's all they'll try because it's legal, and they think that because it's legal, it's automatically safe to consume, safer than all illegal stuff at least. It's socially acceptable, and that's the biggest draw to it. My parents would have happily paid for any amount of alcohol I would have wanted to drink at home since I was 16, I just never really wanted any because I enjoy other stuff more.

But if you've never tried it, then I'd certainly say you should. You should try everything once really, no matter what it is. And it's certainly not difficult to get hold of.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Both alcohol and marijuana kill brain cells, but it's better to be high than drunk because with marijuana the subject is aware that their senses are down. Plus it's possible that you can drown in your own vomit with alcohol if you went unconscious facing upwards.

4. Trickster

And you have experienced neither. I'm perfectly aware that my senses are shit when I'm drunk, as are most people. And likewise, you can still vomit off marijuana. Stop making uneducated assertions.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Vodka doesn't really burn, it just tastes like nail varnish remover. Although given that water tastes like eating coins that could be why.

I never drink more than a couple of units a day, hate being drunk, or even remotely inebriated, feels like dying.

Makes you stupid, basically. Imagine being stupid and doing things you normally think would be stupid but because you're stupid they're fun. That's drunk.

Hence the usual problems of 'oh god what did I do last night' and, I think, the whole point of intoxication, people want to be able to drop their usual inhibitions and enjoy themselves, alcohol lets you do that.

Although in my case it just makes me depressed at how difficult it is to think.

He's american, drinking age is 21 over there.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  6. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Isn't absinthe aniseed flavoured?

I hate aniseed.

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Am I the only one using this thread for what its actually for?

10. Varbles

teeheehee

11. Empty

Empty Member

I think you all drink too much.
    I've had my fun a few times without getting completely shitfaced/passing out/massive hangovers and still had just as much fun as the guy who did.

Also chris, if being mildly inebriated feels like dying theres something wrong with you.

12. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

It can also be made from Grandewormwood or fennel. It actually retains more of a cool taste rather then an outright sweet one.
    --Edit--

Although some of the ones made with Aniseed are rather sweet I prefer the ones with Grandewormwood.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I always associate dying with losing my ability to think, it's only nice when the alternative is worse, such as the heavy dose of morphine when I had appendcitis.

Otherwise anything that slows my thoughts or blocks the voices in my head feels like a slow, insidious death, worse for its painlessness and long enough to give me time to think about it.

Probably a bit of bipolarity seeping in, but being even slightly drunk/tired always makes me depressed.

I like sweet things, I just don't like aniseed.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'm Canadian, it's 18, not legal yet for me but i've tried that alcohol shit, taste like fuck, and weed is for kids in locally developed courses.

15. Varbles

You will never ever in your entire life come even close to the feeling of complete inner and outer happiness that one would experience doing anything on mdma.

16. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Silly people trying weed.

17. communism

communism poof

bwhaha
    6th grade summer school
    we smoked a blunt in summer heat and two of my homies threw up on the way back to class

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I feel like that relatively often.

19. Trickster

The vast majority of us would be posting every night, so it's a bit pointless.

20. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

The vast majority of us are stupid then.