The guitar thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cpugeek, Feb 15, 2008.

1. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

As some of you might know, a few months ago I purchased my first electric guitar. I've had an amazing time so far playing on it and it feels so much better than the acoustic I was learning. Anyway, I know that a bunch of you guys play guitar too so I thought that I'd make a thread about it.

I'm currently playing on an Ibanez RG 350MDX
    [​IMG]

I'm using a Roland Microcube, which I know is just a tiny practice amp, but it has amazing sound for its size. It can even run off AA batteries.
    [​IMG]

I only have about a year and half of experience so I haven't really found a style of music that I really love playing. My Ibanez is a metal guitar, but it can play many kinds of music.

How about the rest of your guitar players? Post your current or favorite guitars.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

rite now im using a gibson sg, marshall jcm 2000 head on a shitty ass b52 cab(the good marshall cab is in use by my old band) hahaha.. but it gets the job done for my little studio setup.. I do want a PRS and Mesa Boogie amp

[​IMG]

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

who needs amps when your school has 4000 watt subwoofers available on demand :D

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

acoustic guitar ftw

5. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Thread break with my drum set.
    In a few months I will get a drum machine and its transformation from a practice pad set into a electronic set will be complete.

[​IMG]

6. davee magee

davee magee Member

is that an SG special, or the one up from that? Nice amp mate :cool:

by little (spoiled) bro has one of those (a special).

i play drums tho.

ill post some picks later. (of my drum kit so i can show off, and my bro's guitars cus this thread is called the guitar thread)

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Second thread brake with my bass equipment ^^

80.jpg

003266032m.jpg

003248018m.jpg

Ibanez Ergodyne EDA900 Bass

Ashdown ABM 300 EVO Top

Glockenklang Quadro 4 Box

8. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

9. davee magee

davee magee Member

everyone knows base of for gays :P

(joking, we should have a sarcasm smiley)

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

what style of music do you play?

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Mayama turns the bassist joke counter to one :pathetic:

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

unfortunatly its a special lol.. Its still got a bad ass feel and with new pickups it sounds sweet.. better then an epiphone haha

Im mainly a drummer aswell.. I retired my old pearl and got a yamaha now, I dont have all my toms setup and you cant see all of my expensive ass cymbals but this is a cool picture :)

[​IMG]

As for bass.. Im not really big on playing it but I love bass :D It would be nice to have a getty lee and gallen kruger amp so I can play all the primus songs

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

HAHA you forget the 10 years of constant training to play that stuff right ^^

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

I have a Gibson Hawk, which is just the super cheap version of a Nighthawk. I don't think I've ever seen another one. :P

[​IMG]

Mine has a Seymour Duncan PAF in the neck position, with gold pickup covers, a schaller wraparound bridge/tailpiece, a separate tone switch for the neck pickup. (though the knob still affects both ;P) The headstock was broken off at one point before I got it, but it's been fixed. I got this thing for $250, and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played, much better than some $2000+ guitars.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol believe me I know how difficult it is.. Les claypool is a local hero around these parts for what he does.. But that also means all my friends have spent years tryin to learn all of his songs and I kind of just pick it up off them..

I got too many puppies/ground hogs day down but not the songs like "toys go winding down" LOL I got the simple songs tho.. And this is just the cd frizzle fry.. lol dont even get me started on the song Tommy the cat or Jerry was a race car driver....

elsob #1 haha :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  16. davee magee

davee magee Member

nice kit, i have a sonor 3003...my mate was like 'ever think of getting a pearl export':(

i almost hit him. in the face. hard.
    but then i remembered how hench he is and decided in might not a good idea.;)

Heres mine.
    [​IMG]

just set it up again, so its not all in the right places for me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008