The Empire of Vulcan (LP)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vulkanis, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

The Empire of Vulcan

In the year two-thousand seven hundred fifty-five the Vulcan Empire achieved space flight and began to colonize other worlds in its home system Romulus in relative stability and peacefulness.

Twenty years later, the Vulcan Empire creates the first warp-core in its history. This device allowed the Vulcan Empire to expand to other star systems at a pace unimaginably quicker than conventional space propulsion technologies allowed.

As the empire pressed forward it began to encounter ruins of civilizations long gone, unknowingly Vulcan explorers violated the territory of other empires. The explorers continued to advance into the unknown, encountering more and more remnants of old. Until they encountered the creature known as Caeli plaga, Plague of the heavens. This creature was as large as a planet, yet it was not a singular being; but trillions of space faring bacteria. This creature was a curiosity to scientists from around the empire. The bacterium’s formed millions of nano-wires with each other; these wires would connect the entire bacteria colony and allow it to act as a single being. The wires also allowed the bacteria to envelope the planet and thrive by using the host planets geo-thermal output as energy. These traits made the bacterium particularly tough, allowing it to grow at almost super-natural rates.

The explorers were then confronted by a sentient alien race known as the Gizureans, a disgusting and naturally psychotic insectoid race. The Gizureans zealously worshipped Caeli plaga and attempted to curtail the Vulcan empires activities immediately. The Gizureans were numerically larger than the sum of the empires population despite the fact the Gizureans were still incapable of FTL travel and only existed on their volcanic home world. However the Gizureans sabotaged the colonists by taking small pieces of the bacterial colony and hiding them within Vulcan ships in hopes the colony would eventually make contact with a Vulcan planet and envelope it killing everything and everyone on it. The Gizureans met limited success only managing to destroy two Vulcan mining stations with the bacteria.

Despite this, treachery emerged within the empire as a large group of traitorous scum traded the Gizureans a Warp-core in trade for admittance into the cult of Caeli Plaga. The Gizureans quickly began to invade many defenseless worlds on the eastern fringe of the empire. The Vulcan Empire was caught off-guard
    And now the fate of billions of lives is at stake. The Caeli plaga quickly became notorious for being a "planet killer" when used as a weapon by the Gizureans enveloping entire colonies in a matter of hours.

Many more citizens within the empire have joined the Cult of Caeli Plaga and have attempted to rebel from the empire and join the Gizureans. Others still have begun to outfit there privately owned freighter ships and began to raid traders within the core worlds of the empire.

Now the empire stands on the brink of collapse, being threatened on every side of its borders by conniving rebels, blood-thirsty aliens, and galactic menaces. The empire issues a call to arms; every male citizen is forced into compulsory military service for a minimum of twelve years in an attempt to fight off the seemingly endless waves of gizureans.

KNOW YOUR FOE
    [​IMG]

- Religious Nuts that worship bacteria.
    - Fucking Bugs.
    - The Only good bug, is a dead bug.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

The Imperial Navy is looking for fresh new officers to command its vast interstellar war fleets, join up now! Sign up as a junior officer with the
    Imperial Navy today, otherwise you will be an infantryman tommorow.

[​IMG]
    The Current Command structure
    - Grand Fleet Admiral - Unassigned
    - Vice Grand Admiral - Unassigned
    - Upper Rear Grand Admiral - Unassigned
    - Lower Rear Grand Admiral - Unassigned

Officers club - Rank - Name (last) - Fleet - Current orders.

- Lieutenant Switch - 2nd Fleet - Defend Romulus Four
    - Lieutenant Grantrithor - 1st Fleet - Defend Zita Passolos One
    - Lieutenant Blizzerd - 3st Fleet - Defend Moon Shoo
    - Lieutenant Hygromis - 4th Fleet - Patrol Gothic Sector

The Latest fleet designs

Tirones Patrol Vessel Mark One
    [​IMG]
    - Fastest ship in the galaxy
    - Sleek interior design
    - Not used in frontline service

Munifex Combat Vessel Mark One
    [​IMG]
    - Will likely be phased out of frontline service soon.
    - Goes "kinda" fast
    - Commands a "sorta" powerful arsenal

Immunes Combat Vessel Mark One
    [​IMG]
    - Largest arsenal in the fleet
    - The best ship for aspiring junior officers
    - Compensating for something? It is also the largest ship design in the fleet.

(Note: This is part of an actual game, joining up will put you in control of 7 ships (at first, you can get more depending on your preformance) within my empire forming your own personal fleet, once you join up you get to have an invoice during ethical dilemmas and other game changing things that I will reveal later on.)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Sign me up for it is a good day to die

4. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Welcome aboard, Lieutenant Grantrithor.

You are in command of the HMS Remus, you and your six ship task force
    are based on the eastern fringe of the empire in the newest colony named Zita Passolos One.

Your fleet consists of one Immunes Combat Vessel (Your flagship)
    and six Munifex Combat Vessels.

Defend the colony to the last man.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  5. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Pirate raids on the fringe -- They must pay

[​IMG]

Recent attacks by the pirate group known as the haunted gang on the eastern fringe world of Zita Passolos One have been devastating, the
    destruction of the worlds space-port is causing starvation on the desert planet.

- Lieutenant Grantrithor

Will you commit some of your ships to finding the main base of these pirates,
    or do you wish continue weathering attacks in hopes of the pirates giving up?

(Your ship the HMS Remus is the Immunes indicated with the silver star
    attacking the pirate raiding ship with one of your Munifex Vessels supporting you.)

IN OTHER NEWS

We've entered a free trade agreement with a friendly space faring empire
    called the Linthales Nation.

6. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

MI does the dying, fleet just does the flying
    sign me up for the roughnecks

7. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Welcome aboard Lieutenant Switch

Your in command of 2nd Fleet, your flagship the HMS Redworm
    is stationed on the core-world of Romulus 4 with six Munifex
    combat vessels under your command along with one immunes
    combat vessel (Your flagship)

8. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Caeli Plaga raid

[​IMG]

The Caeli Plaga is
    also migratory it appears,
    here you can see the HMS Redworm and
    two munifex combat vessels of the second fleet
    with one Immunes combat vessel on patrol
    assualting a body of these space faring
    bacterium colonys.

9. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

Sounds interesting, i guess. What game is this?

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The fuck is this?

11. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

The game is called Distant worlds. I've modded it heavily to suit me, I'm using a custom shipset and I've modified some of the diplomatic greetings.

I've made the story for my empire from scratch. The game is very easy to mod and do anything with so I could basically make a certain race hate or like me for whatever reason I want, although the space monsters and pirate raids are random and I have no control over them.

The idea is that you guys can have some effect on the empire with control over certain events, it is basically a quasi-oligarch government with my fleet commanders having some sort of invoice on all courses of action.

12. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Ethical Dilemma #1

We've recently become trading partners with the Linthale Republic and its sister country the Linthale Nation.

Since the Linthale Nation was created when the only colony founded by the Linthale republic rebelled (them) they both share the same star system as a home system.

They are both curtaling each others trade and expansion which means we get less income from trading with either them, they destroy each others merchant and colony ships making expansion and trade near impossible

A. We could assist the Linthale Nation and destroy the Linthale Republic or vice versa.
    (Note: The Linthale nation and the Linthale republic both share equally good diplomatic relations with us.)

B. We could just subjugate them both and have them become our dominions.

C. We could go on a xenophobic crusade and annihilate the human race alltogether, then colonize their planets.

I need my starfleet officers to post there votes, A, B, or C.

13. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Help the Linthale republic destroy the linthale nation.
    Gain better relations with an ally, and conquer some stuff; what could go wrong?

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I agree, destroy linthale nation but help the linthale republic

15. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

You call yourselves Americans....

Alright then we will declare war on the Linthale Nation.

16. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Battleplan

[​IMG]

The blue arrow is the movement plan of the first fleet (Grantrithor), they will first move to extinguish the pirate outpost of the haunted gang which had been raiding traders throughout the empire. After destroying the base the first fleet will move to the Gas Mining stations in the adjacent system belonging to the Linthales Nation and destroy them.

The green arrow is the movement plan of second fleet (Varbles), they will move directly to the Linthales Nation homeworld and destroy the space-port and any surrounding defenders where they will rendevous with a Linthales Republic dropship that will invade the world.

17. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

News from the front

[​IMG]

The HMS Remus (Top right) Is manuvering in a squadron with two of its munifexs attempting to assist the HMS Redworm and its fleet attacking the
    space port on the homeworld of the Linthale nation.

Quite epic this early in the game. :D

SUCCESS! We've transformed the once proud Linthale Nation into a pile of grey black ashes.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Hot damn. That will teach them for sprouting up randomly at the start of the game.

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ohh no THE BORG!

20. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Actually, rebel nations happen alot and usually can eat a powerful empire from the inside out. I've had a one front war change into a three front war when two of my planets rebelled near the northern edge of my empire and they immedietly formed a protectorate with each other and began to take undefended worlds.