The cripple effect

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vessboy, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Most of the time in empires you get hit by an explosive and you die. Some of the time when you get hit by explosives you live. What if he were to survive explosions more often, if an indirect explosion had less of a chance of killing you? Mortars and artillery would have less devastating effects on infantry, allowing infantry a chance to survive. Oh but hold on their little jimmy, you're not getting off scott free. You're now suffering from the cripple effect. Along with a deafening sound effect you now have no stamina to escape with. This makes it so infantry have a higher chance of suviving indirect fire, while making them less effective in a face to face fight with a tank.

Sudgestion= Explosive damge on infantry removes stemina.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Why would this be good?

The most I could see of an effect like this, explosions lower your stamina. Walking like a cripple isn't fun, even in L4D. Besides, Empire maps are huge.

3. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Well your stemina comes back still. It just makes fighting a tank by sprinting and jumping less of an option. also makes it so we can tone down area effect attacks.

4. Zeke

Zeke Banned

ye and that .50 cal i just punctured ur lung with / almost splitted ur leg in half / cracked off the bone in your arm... has no effect what so ever.

If this is added the same thing should be affecting all weponry... which would be awfully gay...

in short: i think this is a bad idea >_>

5. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

It's more like knoking the wind out of ya.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

What? knoking the wind out of someone?

I don't understand any of that, looks like blabbermouth to me :(

7. Zeke

Zeke Banned

ah true true... instead of running slow u more likely collaps and fall down on the ground... agreed, thats more likely.

8. Demented

Demented Member

A. Why?

B. Slowing sucks.

C. Dig In

9. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Have you ever had the wind knocked out of you? You dont suffocate fool! You act exactly like a charicter in empiers w/out stamina.
    And for the rest of you its a ballencing tool so explosives leave them vulnerable instead of dead. allowing them a chance to survive and you having to pay more attention to your victums. And going slow is better then dieing instantly. and it would make explosives the Anti "Dig In"

10. Zeke

Zeke Banned

you missed the part regarding .50 cal.... as the NFHR use....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJp14tkBlU

i will comment no more.

edit:
    oh yea... this video is also kinda funny, its a RICOCHET.... it bounced ALL the way back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc&feature=related (nearly a self-headshoot... lucky as fuck that it barely tuched the side of his head)

11. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i like it, but to make it even more harsh it could also make you go prone and have a HUGE knockback as well as bringing you down to 0 stamina.

12. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

i like that. IMPLEMENT! no, jks. maybe only with artillery cannons, but, ynkow.

13. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

No forced prone untill we solve the player clip issue.

14. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

The NF 50 uses a 50 cal round but it has less powder than your standard heavy machine gun. More effects for explosions would be nice. Removing stamina from a boom sounds pretty nice.

15. OuNin

OuNin Member

Sort of reminds me of having "pinned" status in CoH. Explosive damage should be reduced on prone players. :v

16. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

Crippling wouldn't be fun. Bad idea.

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I do sort of like the idea of artillery having a mild stun effect on infantry, it would help with balance because at the moment arty has to be a bit overpowered against infantry to be worth it, if you move some of the damage into a stun effect, you can make it less lethal and subsequently less annoying, as being disoriented is better than being killed.

I actually redid the building damage effect because the one you shipped with sucks ass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the benefits of the particle editor is that particles are local and don't have to match the server, so you can make your own if you don't like the ones that come with your game.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  18. OuNin

OuNin Member

The engineer should have the option of dropping adrenaline (insta-stamina boost, sort of like Charge) as an alternative to ammunition.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

oh my gosh. that is pretty. implement that globally.

tanks should also give off smoke columns. explosives should send up a layer of dust over a large area which takes perhaps 10 seconds to sink into the ground. is any of that possible?

20. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

yes. chris please give that to one of the devs to be released in next patch.