The brittish are ***holes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blizzerd, Nov 23, 2009.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrMehBQp-1s&feature=player_embedded

what a bunch of annoying people those brittish can be on occasion, especially the ones working in the media (and moreso, in the newspapers, since there is no real distinction between a brittan newspaper and a brittan gossip magazine and that is not in the good way for brittan gossip magazines)

if i would be a person like the ones who made this i would say the British are "butthurt" Tony Blair didnt get the job

2. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

Wait, was that video supposed to be news? Really?

3. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    In all seriousness most of the comlaining about these appointments is not about who was elected (The EU foregin minister is British) but the manner in which they were elected. Their jobs are open ended and poorly defined, these people are relatively unknown in the public sphere and there is little indication that these people were picked for their merits rather than rushed though as a political comprimise. Proper elections would have allowed us to get to know the candidates before they took office, required them to explain the exact nature of the job and ensured that things were done in a democratic manner.

Please note that I am mainly refering to Lady Ashton as my complete lack of knowledge about Herman Van Rompuy, while underling some of my points does not allow me to make any judgement on his merits.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

It's not any BBC news I've ever seen.

Must be some crazy world service crap.

Now that I do object to.

There is no distinction between a british tabloid and a gossip magazine.

Broadsheets however are extremely different, read the times or the independant.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  5. Deiform

Deiform Member

Yeah that's not BBC news, just a programme which has nothing to do with the news.

I for one am quite glad Tony Blair didn't get the job.

6. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Death to Gordon brown

7. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Shut up RKB, the scottish weren't invited to this discussion ^^

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Gordon Brown is dumb, but he's not the cause of our problems anyway. Tony Blair spent a long few years causing the mess. I'm glad he didn't get it, he'd reflect badly on us. I still think it's stupid in general. We shouldn't even be part of it. We put the most in, get the least out.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

If you put into a group effort and expect to get the same out, why bother putting in? It's inefficient.

The idea is that you put into it in order to improve stuff in general, not simply yourself.

10. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

wow, Chris says something that is less narrowminded than Trickster?

Not suprised at all, sadly XD.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

For the horde?

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

It's hardly less narrowminded, it's just narrowminded about efficiency rather than narrowminded about nationalism or whatever.

13. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Yeah that's newsnight. not the BBC news. Just a talkshow with a set of editorials. Haha, this isn't the 6 oclock news :p

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

+1 point. Shame on you other punks.

Mmm...well at least regarding the economy, I think we can blame Gordon - Labour inherited a ZERO goverment deficit. Throughout the years Brown was chancellor, he managed to dig a hole that would fill up with water and drown us at the first hint of a flood...and a heck of a lot of people don't seem to know it. Blair just made us participate in an illegal, unjust war, that has significantly impacted our beloved status as "heroes of justice" that we like to pretend to, and made everything a bit more crap generally.

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Considering they did all that it's had remarkably little effect on the country.

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Depends on your viewpoint really. Some say we have a big problem with society right now. Some say we're sleepwalking into a big-brother country. Some say a lot of things...

And really, we could have had an easier time with the economy...which would have led to a lot more jobs being saved, a lot more businesses staying alive, a woolworths still on your doorstep..a lot of things.

Things have changed. Some big, some small. Healthcare is better though..

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The problem with our government atm is that the current one isn't actually voted in, and they're stupid enough to go back to the failure of a prime minister called yves leterme. I can't wait to see what will happen after the next government elections.

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I don't think I've ever been in woolworths, which perhaps suggests why it disappeared.

Aside from that I have spectacularly failed to notice any difference.

19. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

News is only something thats...new...

We've known the British to be assholes for years now.

20. RKB53

RKB53 Member

And we've know the americans to be nuke hunters and oil theifs for years now