The Brass

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Duke Pending, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Duke Pending

Duke Pending Member

A day or two ago I introduced my friend to Empires after being very pleasantly surprised at the gameplay myself. I ran a small, passworded server and we figured out the nuts and bolts of the game. After a while we declared a cease-fire and went to see who could build the better fort. With all the building, it did not all too long between ranks. Upon reaching Master Sergeant at 60 I wondered what could possibly come next.

There was nothing at 70, of course, and I was not disappointed. I wondered how often someone got to 60 in one game, let alone 70. Still, I imagine it must be possible is some scenarios. So here's what I was thinking. What if at 70 you go into low-ranking officers? And also if an officer made a squad it would enjoy certain benefits, like slightly faster movement or something to reflect better organization. I'm sure more important things need to be done, and looking through this forum I know there are more relevant suggestions. It was just a thought I had that I felt might be fun.

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

It... realy doesn't hapen very often. Much less than .5 every game. And you really only get it at end of game, so this is preety much a no-no. The work to make somthing that would happen only once in a few games... Please revise your idea, maby at 40?

3. Duke Pending

Duke Pending Member

Ah well. Like I said I'm still a newb (LOLSTFUNOOB) but at least now I know it's too rare. Still, after sergeant the following two ranks don't seem to give you anything extra, unless I'm mistaken. Maybe something for them at least.

4. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I believe you get an extra turret at 80. Adding names for the ranks makes sense, but giving them a bonus based solely on that seems like a bad idea.

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

[​IMG]

It's fun when maps last longer then 2 hours... Most maps would be more fun if they lasted for a long time and required constantly taking and losing territory, it's like a hundred games in one!

- Bombardier

PS: Megor was about the only Scout in game, look what people mean when they diss the Scout rifle.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

take a look at sobbingsexklown (imo, terrible name), 198 latency (ouch), no kills, no deaths, 38 points.

7. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

That's Engineers for you... I spent 95% of the game as a Grenadier.