The Bill Nobody Noticed: National DNA Databank

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cyber-Kun, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Because that's their job? I would certainly hope that the people I elected to represent me care about my continued health and welfare. If you can catch a disease early enough then you have a much better chance of survival.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

QFT

i like to think that a good government is as a godfather of the family, his decisions are not always the popular ones, but its for the good of the pack

3. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

!2:00 A.M. Ramblings

Personally I don't really trust the government, I mean they still are people like you & me. If I had a lot of power I'd sure as hell abuse it (especailly if it puts a little money in my pocket) & I'm pretty sure they would too.

4. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Because The Law isn't always right. You vote in some nice guy for now, but what about in ten years? Twenty? One war, an economic fuck-up (sound familiar?), and some hyper inflation made a civilized, European country full of polite, educated god-fearing white people vote in the fucking Nazis. Not 500 years ago. In living memory. If you've only been on this planet a few decades, and you've lived all that time in a stable and relatively just society it's hard to image how the shit can hit the fan rapidly, but it can and it will.

Power does what power wants. Every step forward for justice, or equality or democracy or any good shit has happened despite governments. Did the President wake up one day and say 'gee, it's about time the blacks got to vote! That's the right thing to do." These organizations will only give up power when people get together and force them to. It has taken thousands of year to get to where we are now, so I don't like it when people are so careless about giving back power.

I'm breaking my own rule of never getting into politics on an internet forum. It's a waste of time, so I ain't saying anything else here. Y'all can PM me if you want.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you have some good points, i am convinced but i do feel that if the goverment cannot be trusted, it should be replaced and is a bad goverment