Testing RC14

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Beerdude26, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I've just updated the Depot version to RC14. We are going to try and wrap up any lingering showstoppers (= causes crashes), missing materials, stuff like that.

We have a long list "fixed in code, but not checked" stuff: check Pivotal for this list and report your findings back in this thread.

We also have some bugs that are open and may be fixed in this version. Check if these bugs are still present:

• "Colouration of NF engineers names with revive (when you are dead) doesnt work properly (Not sure about BE)"
    • (On the minimap) Revive engineer indication icons sometimes don't update properly
    • BioML isn't dealing any impact damage to vehicles, except for the bio effect afterwards.
    • Flash particles are still visible through anything. i.e. HE CN Flash
    • Grens able to get mines after they've been revived with zero mines.

Changes in RC14:
    * Switched to black version of transparent VGUI.

As always, report crashes and showstoppers to us.

2. Empty

Empty Member

I swear to fuck I fixed those god damn he explosions fff

3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

Will there be a testing session in the next time or should we just play around in lan with it?

4. Beerdude26

For the moment, try and check out the fixes in lan.

5. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

I cannot connect to steam with the dev-contentserver configured - is this just temporary ?
    I could use the svn version, but the current client/server dlls are still r1050 from march 1st, only some gui .res files and textures are new ?

6. Beerdude26

Ducky: the SVN version and Steam version are currently in sync, so you can use the SVN version.

7. Beerdude26

Posting again as a reminder: if we can confirm these bugfixes, we will probably prepare this version to be sent to Valve. Pretty much all the developers are occupied with real-life things at the moment, so it would be highly appreciated if someone could check off fixed bugs by posting in this thread.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Apart from smaller issues, we just have the 3 big ones left. Skill bug, Collision bug and custom content bug.

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Did a quick test:

Major bugs:

1. Black panel in vehicle customisation screen where you select the weapons (missing the texture)
    2. Skill selection features a blue panel in the middle instead of being transparent black with white text.

Bugs fixed:

See pivotal.

Unknown:

1. I died in my own tank by suicide and it said "Wealthysoup has earnt the achievement" Should that have happened?
    2. ML turrets didnt gib when recycled (did they have gibs in previous RC's?)

More information here: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=16413

and here: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/133576#

Need several people to test most of the outstanding bugs. Trickster-->Could you set the server up so we can arrange an impromptu session sometime?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  10. Trickster

Achievements should be totally off as far as I know. Turrets should only gib as long as you don't place another I think.

I can set up the server but I can't attend, I'll work out some form of access for you so you can run things from here on in.

Oh, and the blue square in weapon customisation Smithy told me about, idk if he can fix it. But the other one I didn't hear about. Just speak to Smithy about it.

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

When you get it up and hand wealthy the reigns, make an announcement er something... I want to join and try something I just thought of.

12. Trickster

Well, next time I'm online at the same time as Wealthysoup, I'll hook him up with access to our box and show him how we've got it all set up, although he actually taught me how to run Empires servers way back, so I doubt he'll have any issues.

13. ViroMan

Ok so I decided to test on my own.. and found several new scout hide spots that are just hilarious.

Anyways... I don't know why.. but im getting 270 fps on creating my own server... thats Fing awesome considering I usually get about 100. As a side note... why does EVERY building and wall segment bounce a little like its vibrating? It stops when I crouch or prone but, starts up soon as im standing. I faintly remember reading about this problem long ago.

and another thing... why does the player view bob when im driving?

One more thing... are players supposed to bounce away from vehicles? I decided to decon an enemy tank but, when I run up too close to it I start getting pushed back. holding W I get vibrating view as I try to go forward but, get pushed back quickly.

One more thing... class selection box... its just way too big... can it be shrunk?

14. Trickster

Scout hide spots are irrelevant.
    We disabled Parallax Occlusion Mapping by default, but I doubt it was that that increase your FPS, but idk.
    The vibrating building bug appeared in the move to orange box, no idea what causes it, it's not on the priority list.
    I've never heard of the player view bob when driving.
    Class selection box SHOULD be getting reduced in size. It got recoded and made to scale with resolution but I'm not sure if it's finished or not.

But the running against vehicles one is an interesting one, I haven't heard of that one. Do you have any further information on it? Was the vehicle occupied, was it a vehicle other than the enemy CV, etc

15. ViroMan

The vehicle was an unoccupied NF light tank. The vibrating gets down right aggressive if your crouching and trying to walk up too close to it.

The player view was bobbing (as if running/walking) when I was in the BE com tank. I noted it and went on with trying other things... but, I didn't look for or notice it in any other vehicle.

As for the building vibrating bug... I only have it in the Test version...so there is some difference between the two that is causing it in one but, not the other... for me anyways.

Also... were vehicles code changed in some way that would make it harder to flip them? I kept trying to roll over an afv on money with the ramps and I just couldn't do it. They would get more then over on their side then bounce back like it was a certain notorious com tank.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  16. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Try cl_interp 0.0000 next time you encounter vibrating buildings, idk if it helps at all, but it can't hurt to try. I had vibrating everything a couple of tests ago too and people told me, that it had always been vibrating like that (!?).

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i havnt looked for it with my new gfx card (i switched from ati to nvidia), but i definately have this since 2.24 at least. thats when i first noticed it ...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  18. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Could the increased FPS simply be due to the simple fact that there arent any other players/vehicles/buildings to display when you are on a local server?

19. ViroMan

other vehicles to display? duno about that... I built full bases on each side. and brought a full set of vehicles to enemy side to experiment on. Tried my zombie tank but it didn't work... :(