TEST #7 BUGTEST Feedback

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Thanks to all that attended. Test was successful enough for a full-scale PLAYtest to take place on Saturday, assuming none of the fixes cause any crashes before then. I might do a small bugtest before the pug to check any fixes that are added. As per last test, my raw notes are going up here. Hopefully I can collate whatever is left to do from the last set of notes and this notes so we can get a task list.

Fixed scout hide skill hiding a player from their own team's minimap - Works

Fixed refineries not outputting resources - Works, but still need to test diminishing returns.

Hidden scouts can no longer be targeted - Works

Minimap targets on infantry are now delayed - Works but see bottom for other issues

Smoke grenades no longer block vehicle creation - Works

Changed default range for attack orders on infantry to 1500 (~30% less than previous) - Works

Servers can now specify the override for the commander freeze time with emp_sv_commander_freeze_time_override (this overrides the map's setting) - Plan is to remove the map setting and just keep the cfg command, so mappers can use it in their map CFG rather than having to compile it permanently.

Only move players to spectator in conquest sudden death if there are no tickets - Going to add emp_set_clock for sudden death maps so we don't have to ramp up host_timescale and crash the server to test this.

Update skill slots when the class panel is opened (fixes skill slots being unlocked at start of next map) - works

Hide heal effect when engineer tool is used on a player during conquest sudden death - Going to add emp_set_clock for sudden death maps so we don't have to ramp up host_timescale and crash the server to test this.

Don't increase player health when getting health upgrade during conquest sudden death - Going to add emp_set_clock for sudden death maps so we don't have to ramp up host_timescale and crash the server to test this.

Disable parallax occlusion mapping by default - works, although it may have been written into the CFG of some people, so they'll have to disable manually

Set turrets to be non-solid when they are destroyed - works

Allow squad members that are not the squad leader to invite players to their squad - works

Fixed game clock starting before the game starts - Clients who weren't there for game start have 0:00 with no counting

Version number in main menu now in lower-right corner and is fainter - works

Put players in a squad when spawning for the first time if they aren't in a squad - Not tested but after discussion, recommend removal of this as it removes the conscious decision to join a squad, so people may ignore their squad leaders. Recommend we add a chat prompt much like what we have for selecting a class and whatnot.

Automatically select skills in empty skill slots when the player accepts their loadout - works

Save wages on player disconnect - works

Add F menu (popup menu) entry to leave squad - works

Prioritise enemy infantry and vehicles when using multi-attack selection - works

Remove red target boxes that show when using multi-attack selection on enemes - works, but its also done this to your own team, which is a bit sucky. It means you have to drag the box and let go before everything shows up, so selecting which players you want to give targets to is a bit difficult.

The revive enabled players showing up as a different icon on the minimap doesn't update when the person changes class to not having revive.

Sometimes infantry targets are delayed, sometimes not.

People can place turrets using binds and make gigantic lines of them in about 2 seconds. Should probably add like a 3 second cooldown after recycling.

Assists appearing randomly, even when no-one has died. Could be due to it counting the other player class changing as a death.

Quetzacoatl said that he doesn't get explosions if he self-detonates (placing the 9th mine) his mines, only if an enemy detonates them.

It would be good if we can remove the squad join restriction and instead make it order squads based on how many players are in it, and then alphabetically. So if Alpha has 2 players, Bravo 3, Foxtrot 5 and Zulu 4, it orders them FZBACDEFGH, with everything after A (for alpha) just being in alphabetical order.

Although I know it's intended given that it scales with resolution, the class GUI really is huge. It's got to be scaled down.

Accept buttons on class GUI/minimap still don't light up.

All revive based information except for the minimap thing (showing icons of rev engys when you're dead, showing names/red icon of dead people when you're a rev engy) have disappeared.

Killspawning means you spawn with 0 charge. This isn't intended. I hope.

Disable camera options in unassigned if possible. This should stop unassigned speccing, including flying over to the enemy base before team joining.

JMS said that he was unable to select repair or revive upgrade after mapchange, it was greyed out as if he already had it selected.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

That''s probably because he actually has it selected in one of the higher locked skill slots. We need to rewrite that part a bit so it can retain a player's skill selections in the previous round, as well as his actual, current skills. At the moment, this information is shared.

3. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

To clarify:
    1. I noticed this at the end of Mvalley and again at the beginning of District, not sure how long it was bugged before that.

2. I had only one skill slot on District, I had selected Revive before initially spawning and not changed skills since then, I noticed it when I first wanted to change skills.

3. Repair Upgrade and Speed Upgrade as an Engineer were greyed out, (in addition to Revive). I went through all combinations of skills and classes (without hitting Accept), and no other skills were greyed out. Speed Upgrade in combination with the other classes was not greyed out.

4. The problem could not be fixed by hitting Accept on the Class Select menu

5. It could however be fixed by changing to another class and changing back to Engineer.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Beerdude: yes, it is definitely possible that I had them previously selected two rounds earlier, on Canyon, but I don't remember. I never got past the first slot on Mvalley or District.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  4. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

Tested on canyon: I joined Alpha and locked it. When the round started and the other two ppl spawned, they were assigned to Bravo - seems to work.

I like this feature, though. I think people often are more likely to follow the squadleader-icon once they're in a squad, than they actually care about which squad to chose, if at all.

When I tried this, dragging an attack-box around the nme cv + some of their infantry kept selecting the cv as attack target.
    In this case the cv was already single-targetted before, so as if target selections were not re-evaluated if the previous target is among the new targets ?

5. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Putting this here so I don't forget - we should now be able to set the game clock by setting mp_timelimit during the game. This will change the game clock relative to when the game started (e.g. mp_timelimit 3 will set the time limit to be 3 minutes after the start of the game).

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

what is that? Like how long the round lasts till overtime mode?

7. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

For maps that have mp_timelimit set (e.g. emp_district402), the game clock will count down from that time when the game starts. When the clock reaches 0 sudden death will start.

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

well ya that's what I meant.

9. atquick

atquick Member

I had one unexpected thing happen when I was doing targeting as a commander, that I don't see mentioned above.

In short, the issue I had was that a targeted commander will have his target box sent far away on the map as he enters the command interface.

Steps
    1. Commander enters command interface.
    2. Commander selects Friendly A from the map.
    3. Commander sets Friendly A's attack target as Enemy A. Enemy A being on foot.
    4. Enemy A, enters enemy command vehicle.
    5. Enemy A, goes into the commander interface.

Result
    Commander will see Friendly A's attack order shoot across the map, to a non-accessible target far away.
    Friendly A will see the target box suddenly jump to a new location, far away on the map.

Expected result
    Targeting square stays with the command vehicle.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

does it return upon leaving comm mode?

11. atquick

atquick Member

No idea. The target is dropped after a moment, which I'm guessing is due to the attack order range.

12. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Killspawning as an engineer should give you 0 repair tool charge (it iwll recharge as it normally would when it is empty). This was a "feature" that was added at some point to prevent people from saving raxes by constantly kill spawning when they are under attack.

Is that what you meant or did you mean something else?