Test #4 BUGTEST feedback

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

- Achievements no longer crash because they're disabled.
    - Players can't be revived after switching team.
    - Unassigned/specs can't open tactical minimap, research overview or class menu, and thus can't crash the server.
    - Turret targets clear after being sabotaged.

That's in reference to targets currently.

Other things to note from test:

- Scout hide still hides you from your own team's minimap.
    - Lots of turret gibs (we nuked about 80 in one go) only produce split second lag, which is good.
    - New particles look fucking sexy, although mortar is a bit over the top (effect is quite tall also).
    - Random spot on canyon produced horrendous lag (BE mainbase), it didn't happen anywhere else. I've noticed the same thing happen on Coast, so I think there's something up with a BE related object that's just massacring FPS. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/651002022710128348/7DC8083443F33241018848E2A24B75ED987CE3D7/
    - 50% armour test is a complete failure. All armours are equally useless and everything dies in about 0.1 second. Going to try re-buffing them a bit.
    - Game still doesn't quit properly, but not sure if this is just because of the way we test.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

What kind of shutdown bug is it? It might be the sane on going bug that still happens from time to time. Even now that I have a complete reinstall of my OS the game(normal steampires) still refuses to shut down completely once in a while. HL2.exe still remains running even though im now at desktop.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  3. Hamidinator

Hamidinator Member

The one I've been getting is I can't open any other steam games and can't close steam normally after closing the game, I have to open task manager and end steam but there's no HL2.exe. I've had the bug you're talking about happen only on regular empires so far.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Same thing happens to me when I quit Testpires. I'll try and exit Steam the proper way and it tells me to close Source SDK Base 2007 first.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Bumping threads that are still relevant so the locked ones sink to the bottom of the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.