Test #21 PLAYTEST MOTHERFUCKERS - Saturday 11th August 20:00 BST / 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Attendance was poor, but there weren't that many bugs, except one really major one regarding weapon damage which cropped up. Hopefully, that has been fixed. The other 2 issues were green weapon tracers, and the weapons in the GUI not having glow yet, plus the outstanding issue of seismics vs map buildables.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

When I join the team with less players I get the message "auto team balance has switched you to <whichever team has less players". Even though I join the less-populated team.

When you start the game it says you play empires. When you join a game it says you're playing Source SDK Base 2007. When you quit playing and go back to main menu it again says you're playing empires. And it quits properly.

3. Trickster

We fixed the game not closing properly, but we have to unfix it for the purposes of testing. Once we send the depots, that bug is fixed.

As for the autobalance thing, it sounds like you didn't get the update properly or something. That bug was fixed after the last test as far as I know.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

those weapon tracers were weird. not only were they green, they were akin to the laser tracers fn uses to "gain an advantage"

5. Trickster

It's definitely easier to tell where you're getting shot from, but I don't know if I really think that's a problem.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

i thought we were going to have tests everyday?

7. Trickster

I did a small bugtest with just DDD to track down a few issues, check they're resolved and shit, plus list the final issues. I've sent Empty a comprehensive list of particle feedback, written up the details regarding map buildables not taking the correct damage from seismics. Add in the small issue with the skill pane in the class GUI and that's all the code issues sorted. I'll try and push Wealthysoup into finishing off updating the weapon icons in the class GUI, and Slade finishing off the textures for Mash's tank. Varbles will finish off Money and Slaughtered soon (don't know how far he is with Urbanchaos), and I'll try and find out any other bits of map-work we can sort out before we send the depots.

Basically, shit is looking good.

8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I really doubt if I will have any time for this for atleast the next 2 weeks. I should have a good bit more time after that though I'm sure you don't want to wait that long.

9. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

ad Autobalance:

I downloaded the test-emp gcfs from scratch for staurdays test and I also had that issue (where you are told you are moved due to autobalance despite joining the team with fewer numbers/ppl)

Out of curiosity: What caused the death-lazor smg2?

10. Trickster

If that's still happening then I'm worried. Hopefully we can see if it comes up again.

As for the death-laser SMG2, essentially a new feature got added that allowed me to tweak the headshot modifiers, limb modifiers and what not with regards to weapon damage. However, something bugged out and the hardcoded source modifiers didn't change, so they were adding on top of the new damage or someshit. Basically, it was all fucked up.

11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

Was the pistol1 changed aswell, since it didn't show the same uber-effectiveness as the smg2? Or did the multiplying of the already multiplied dmg-value only occur for the smg2?

Also I had something mixed up: I re-downloaded the gcfs for the last wednesday (I believe there was one short bugtest), and on saturday the test-gcfs were patched by about 12-15 mb [using steam content delivery]. For instance the proper icon for abs-armor was shown again on saturday.

But I assume that this (half a week old fresh-dl) ain't the cause for that bug to resurface, or is it?