Test #15 - BUGTEST - Saturday 16th June - 16:00 BST, 11am EDT, 8am PDT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Details are same as usual, password is testingtime.

http://raegquit.com/log.php

Last test was the 26th of May, so any changes in between then are what we're testing. I think Beerdude listing "Game doesn't shut down properly" at the end of his other fix is a mistake from when he copied from my dev-forum to do list, so I don't think that's fixed.

I'll aim to have money_revisited_r3 and RC4 scripts committed for the test but I can't guarantee it. Wealthysoup may or may not have some updated GUI icons for the class menu, and depending on whether Slade gets the camo done, Mash's Heavy may or may not be committed. And Varbles may or may not have a new Urbanchaos in. Lots of things may or may not be done, but what's in that log is the main aim of testing.

Another major aim is to reproduce issues with carcass recycling. That, along with the game not closing properly, is pretty much all that's left to fix. I did notice that last time I was in the SVN I got an achievement, and I thought they were disabled, so that should probably be tested.

If people can delete their CFG folder before testing, and then revalidate their install (although that's probably not needed, it should be regenerated), then I'd appreciate information on whether Parallax Occlusion Mapping is disabled by default.

Any more shit you can think of, post.

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

You mentioned using HLMD to open those model files for the gui icons, but when I try to open them it just crashes. Any ideas how to fix this?

3. Trickster

re-bioing doesn't reset bio timer
    GUI problems with the carcass recycling. Code to be refactored.
    script manifest presets sticking
    commander corpses still falling through world
    Mine indicator offsets a little from certain angles
    Mine indicator is maybe a little high
    Mine indicator can be seen from too far away, recommend 25% of current distance
    BE can see their own mines (indicated), but NF can't see their own mines. Should be like it is for NF, not BE. You shouldn't see friendly mine indicators.
    Game doesn't quit cleanly. Hl2.exe isn't still running but it still thinks you're ingame. Steam can't close. But you can restart the game. Once quitted, it swaps to saying you're in sdk base 2007, rather than Empires.
    Even though it has no effect, you can select the same skill twice now.
    Beerdude wanted to add the squad counter
    Parallax test block has no Parallax, yet BE jeep does. Aim was to disable by default. If it's becoming a hassle, then we should probably just totally remove it.

Thanks to all that attended. If the coders get the time to make some commits, I'll do a mid-week test, as we're really pushing for the release now. If not, probably next Saturday.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Btw.is fixing hitboxes in vehicles on your to do list?

5. Trickster

No, although the LT hatch is fixed.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

think you forgot the double skill selecting (which doesnt do anything)

7. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

6 chars