Test #14 - BUGTEST - Saturday 26th May - 16:00 BST, 11am EDT, 8am PDT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, May 26, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Apologies for the late scheduling but I didn't get chance to do it earlier.

Details are same as usual, password is testingtime.

Jephir or Beerdude should pop in to post an updated list of stuff to test, and we'll get on it. Whilst remote, there is a slight chance we might have an updated version of money_revisited to test if I manage to get the compiled files from Chris0132 in time to commit before the test, assuming nothing went wrong overnight. I haven't actually had chance to speak to him yet. Given the bugs that are now fixed, we're almost ready to go to playtesting, after which, we'll be sending the depots to Valve for a patch. This next 2 weeks are absolutely critical, so we really do need as much help as we can get with tracking every last bug down.

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a busy day for Empires. I'll definitely be there.

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Here's what needs to be tested:

• (FIXED) If you cancel the recycling of a refinery, it no longer gives resources. Rebuilding the refinery makes it work fine.
    • (FIXED) The F-Menu is broken. It comes up, but upon trying to select any options it disappears; the binds still work however.
    • (FIXED) Vehicle icons don't appear on the map or the minimap, including the command vehicle.
    • (FIXED) If you select a vehicle in any way as a commander, the icon for in the commander GUI on the bottom doesn't appear.
    • (FIXED) Vehicle diagram showing armor and health doesn't appear.
    • Script manifest needs to be tested.
    We also need to find examples for reproducing these bugs:

• Console binds being reset when changing class or respawning
    • Vehicle carcass bar on enemy vehicles is sometimes empty

4. Trickster

I may struggle to set up the download system for script manifest in time, so people will probably have to install a package themselves to see if it works.

5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

Wasn't able to get to the last few tests and therefore I might have a stupid question: Does the updating of the testversion still work with Steam Content Delivery or is anything else required of me to be done?

6. Trickster

Yeah it should still work, although we haven't pushed the new version on there yet. If we push it whilst you have steam on, then sometimes you need to restart steam.

Also, I got the download system set up.

7. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

What about the bio bug I've posted tonnes of times? Has that been fixed?

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Doubt it, if you had already provided for a set of reproduction steps, you can post them here. I'll then step through the live code to exactly see where it goes wrong.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

lol just woke up. still going on?

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

11. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Enemy carcasses recycle faster than friendly carcasses
    Vehicles recycle for more than their cost
    Vehicle recycle progress bar still doesn't show up sometimes.

Everything that Jephir posted as fixed is working as intended, or at least for me.

I don't think anyone tested the console binds.

That's all that got posted into group chat. I wanted people to post their bugs into group chat instead of just saying them because if it's put into group chat then there's a textual version of it that can be copied and formatted later. If players just say their bugs over voice chat, they might not be heard, they might be misheard, there's no record of them saying anything at all. When it's typed, even if I didn't catch it the first time, I can go back through the chat window and go "Oh look, someone typed out a bug that I didn't catch. I should add that to the log!" Can't do that with voice chat; if someone mentions a bug once and no one catches it and that player just assumes it was heard, then it won't get recorded. Plus it can be hell to hear one person when three or four are talking, but it's easy to read what one person types.

12. Trickster

Ok, well make sure what I post here gets copied into the next test thread.

Check GUI for bugs, text overunning, stuff drawing over the top of eachother.
    When selecting a skill, if you decide you want to use the same skill you already had, or clicked it by accident, you are unable to select that skill, you have to click the X in the corner.
    Wealthysoup had some bio bug to test. Idk what it was.
    Script manifest will be tested fully when Jephir tidies up some major issues with it.
    When you select a new skill (without changing class), you get the clock icon, but this is replacing the skill you chose as the icon, rather than drawing over the top of it.
    Consider that enemy carcasses may not necessarily be recycling faster than your own, check comparable vehicles (BE jeep vs NF jeep, etc). See how HP etc affects carcass recycle time.
    Need to genuinely sit down and spend time working out all the little quirks of targetting.
    Money_revisited should be ready for testing soon. Consider other maps that may become official, acquire necessary assets, and get what must be fixed up, fixed up.
    Rein in any extra stuff being done by other people, Varbles etc.
    Fix up RC4 scripts for testing on regular Empires, and start considering changes to make to release-only. Consider that I won't be able to do the usual balance follow up on this occasion.

Sorry if the lines above are written weirdly, they're just my personal notes, I figure they're probably useful.

13. Reznov

Reznov Member

Fix that script problem, all I saw when I entered a vehicle was it's bottom, also my camera was angled to the side, passenger seats were the same for the exception that I couldn't shoot and I wasn't able to build vehicles because the menu showed nothing. Ragequit after like 3 minutes because of that.

14. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I recorded videos of the testing if any of the bugs require video footage to aid in reproducing them then please ask me.

15. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Ive posted about it 3 or 4 times here so Im getting bored writing it all out...

When bio damage is occuring to a vehicle you are driving if you get out then the bio damage stops. (cant remember if it restarts when you get back in

16. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Ive posted about it 3 or 4 times here so Im getting bored writing it all out...

When bio damage is occuring to a vehicle you are driving if you get out then the bio damage stops. (cant remember if it restarts when you get back in

17. Trickster

Those were just test scripts to see if script manifest was working, they're not a serious implementation.

I searched your post and found one single instance of the above post from ages ago, so I didn't think it was the right issue. I'll get it looked at.

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

How about the bug were commanders can't revive? If you take revive the ragdolls will simply fall through the ground.

19. Trickster

We should check to see if that's fixed.