Test #1 - BUGTEST - Friday 25th November - 20:00 GMT/12:00 PST

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

w00kie-> Added that bug to the icebox (I dont think its very important but it may be useful to know/fix at some point)

Bet the devs hate be after the amount of bugs "reported by wealthysoup" that have appeared tonight haha...taking bets on how long it takes for one of them to ban me from the forums :)

2. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Jephir is fixing already. Hurray for Zoidberg!

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

1 down, 15 to go

4. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

- Mouse events for a panel (tac.map, resrch.overview) seem to be passed through to the underlying gui in commander mode : This becomes apparent in commander's map view with the tact.map opened, where drawing may select structures of the 3d-map view underneath, or selecting icons on the tac.map panel activates the tab buttons of the comm view.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This is a known bug, but thanks for noting anyway :)

The reason for this is that the original Comm GUI is actually just a number of images superimposed on top of the screen, and when a mouse click occurs, it looks up if it hit a button in a huge if-else clause based on mouse coordinates. It is well and truly insane.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why not use a 2nd pic as mask for the clicks - this way you only have to perform a single check versus the color values?

7. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

Ah, the legendary Empires code, well I heard the rumours ;)
    It's certainly not a priority issue, then again it wasn't possible to open other panels in comm view before. But as long as the recycle button is still outside the panel area...

I guess just checking if any panels are open and then skipping all the if-coordinate checks won't do it?

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The pivotal tracker doesn't appear to have the thing where you open loadout in spec/unassigned and it crashes the server. As to the tactical map not updating during a game, reznov was able to add icons onto it and it would update locally, but instead of being placed wherever he placed them, they would all be stacked upon eachother (which in this picture I moved them all myself). And this happened during the round.
    [​IMG]

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Grant, loadout in spec is in pivotal and jephir has fixed it. I'm not entirely sure about all the bugs with tactical minimap->Needs more testing and i wasnt able to get enough people to cooperate with me on that last night (I have mentioned that the minimap only seems to update locally) but not about icons stacking one on top of the other

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.