Targeted shells and friendly soldiers

Discussion in 'Support' started by Metalhead, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

This bug is the same as here, but this thread is closed (don't know why) and very old: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=734&highlight=Shells+selected

Sometimes there are friendly soldiers or canon-shells targeted with a red box (like enemy units). It happened about three times until now and I don't have any idea why. As far as I remember it disappears when a new map starts. Does anybody know something more about it?

Here are some screens I've taken (It happend a few seconds before the first one):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Well, it's hell lot of useful! Now you use all your ammo to kill the thing hitting you..

Well, it happens a few times everymap. But, as the missile just goes BLAM! it doesn't really matter so much.

3. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

I think it has something to do with network lag and information between the client and the server getting fubar-ed.

I have experenced this too, I think refuseing orders clears it up.

4. gezor

gezor Member

i have this bug too. and sometimes the red box marks nothing ... theres just a red box in the air or somewhere in the ground. can be really annoying.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I have this too, i even had worse bug, i got killed by "marked" missle and when i spawned I was marked :/

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This bug has existed since the beginning of Empires, it used to be a lot worse though :p

7. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I had this bug too on emp_streetsoffire, and I think it had to do with the commander selecting targets in that area. I was just throwing a grenade and it suddendly got a target box t, then I tried again and it didn't happen... the next time it happened exactly with the "Attack this target!" command...

Here's a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

8. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Tag, you're it!

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Xroads, nf loosing. Half of thrown nades were marked , as well as my squad leader ;s . Happens often when using arty , once i had all screen covered in red boxes on canyon when nf was finishing be.

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Hmm, have you ever seen 2 shells collide and blow each other up?
    now that's cool :P

Only seen it happen once in an artillery fight on Crossroads though.