Tanks Items

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by polaski, Dec 28, 2007.

1. polaski

polaski Member

I looked at some of the tank and thought wtf why are there smoke disspensers if there isn't any for use. So I thought why don't we get some speacial items like:
    Smoke: dispensers fire 4 white smoke nades foward of tank.
    Shield: places reactive armor plates on tank(make the current reactive armor explode before the missils and shells hit the tank like current day armor)
    Lock Jammer: increases lock on times for missils aginst the tank with it equiped (ML turrets fire a couple dumb fire missiles at tank before they start track)
    Decoy missile: fires a missile straight up spamming the tanks iff sig so all missiles in vincinity locks on to the missiles
    Scope: adds a scope to the tank for use with range cannons mainly
    Coop system: removes advanced single driver controls. allows a main driver main gunner and secondary gunner it reduces weight to place another weapon on chassy or armor or somthing(where as one guy operates a whole tank it now tanks 2 arti and jeeps unifected)
    frag defender: slaps a bunch of claymors on the tank to prevent sappers(very slow reload and limited ammo bout 3 usses before return to base)
    They shouldnt weigh the tank down much and they should cost a pretty penny but be very cheep. Some of this stuff should be implemented couse ittle spruse up tank battles a little but its not a biggy at least fix the stright up hatches on tanks its a pain in the bum riding shot gun also the turret still jerks the aim around for the second guy it quite a pain lol.

2. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

I'm Superlagg Jones and I approve on this message.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Imagin the utter screams your video card will be making the moment 8 tanks spam out smoke nades.

So your saying what ever side the missiles going to land on... you loose one layer of armor on that side destroying that missile? Thats a pretty bad idea when they use a salvo at you, your dead.

Scouts already have this skill, don't make there skill worthless.

hmm... I got no beef with this one... Im kinda in the air on it.

well we could possibly use this.

hmm... im against this. Where as the tank now needs to have two cockpits instead of one. There fore in reality your waisting more space. I am NOT against letting two ppl control it, I am against giving them more weight /armor space bonus.

Wow this would incredibly piss ppl off who need thoes sticky mines to defend themselves with.

wait... is that possible? be expensive but cost little?

Finally something I completely agree on!

4. polaski

polaski Member

No the scout has radar hide it hides there tank from radar. Its more like shock strips that knocks out the missiles like in the discription but the armor it self is verey hard to explane in in a forum. Some of this stuff is a little aircraft orintated like the decoy missile but i didnt dwel to hard on it i just thought about how tanks could survive longer. The coop system is pretty much you striping out you AI(the current crew for a tank is driver, gunner, loader, commander, and top gunner the system just removes the the system that does all the gunning the driver still gets the roll of driver and commander with an auto loader still there) unit from your tank to fit that one last missile. I thought of super tanks for the game like the fatboy from sup com and the baneblade from W40k but i doubt we need any thingthat powerfull and which costs that much lol

5. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

Needlessly complicated and unusual for Empires' gameplay.

6. Hebrew_Hero

Hebrew_Hero Member

To add to that. I think they should add turret stabalizers. So the Turret could fire with better accuracy while on the move. again it could be an upgrade. Only for medium tanks aswell.

7. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

The shield could replace reactive armor and make it into an add-on that gives the current applied armor the reactive properties of the reactive armor at the expense of extra cost and weight - 5w per armor, to make it weigh the same as reactive, but with the added support of the other armor. Currently, reactive armor, by itself, is only useful against bio weapons and whatever "fast" projectiles are, and even then not well because you only get one or two plates on any side. Then again, I havent thought this out, but it gives me an idea for armor additives...

Flares would be nice in the tank, to use to fool missiles into locking on to them instead. Of course, it would eventually run out.

A scope is fine too.

Barrel stabilizers would be nice to research, to reduce view jerking from fire by a bit as an addon.