Tank Turrets

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Minozake, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Minozake

Minozake Member

Either I am bad at searching, or nobody has actually suggested this yet.

Anyway, I would like to see, if it would be possible, for any turreted vehicles to have some type of device (the exact name for such a thing escapes me) to make the tank turret stay pointed one direction at one elevation no matter where the chassis turns or shakes. Unless the chassis makes the minimum or maximum elevation change on the turret, of course.

(For those of you wondering, I ripped this off C&C: Renegade)

This would be most beneficial to the people who play on laggy servers and the aim just seems to jump all over the place at times. The chassis' turn chokes up and you overcorrect the turret way too much. It really sucks. Especially when shooting on the move. Leave the recoil, though, so there is some skill in there instead of mindless barraging of the enemy structures.

I suggest to either make it researchable, or always enabled at player's discretion (some people might like this off, I think). However, I wouldn't know exactly if this would be the easiest of additions ever.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Any lag affecting turrets was due to a bug when I implemented client-side turret aiming.

3. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

:-O

You fixes?

IT BE HAPPIES?!

/me attempts to hug Krenzo

/me is mobbed and beaten down by the Church of The Almighty Krenzo

4. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

I liked that tank-gun aim-mode in Renegade (it was switchable if i remember correctly).. but it would make aiming while driving too easy in my opinion.

The way it is right now shooting cannons with a high transversal velocity is an art on itself (the hitting part atleast :p).

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i'm all for cockpit views...

6. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

ah, its all about the 6-button+mouse moving/aiming setup from the mechwarrior franchise.

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

There is harder than MechWarrior. Steel Battalion for XBOX. The game cost about $150 because you had to buy it with a freaking cockpit. You literally bought a control panel with all the extra buttons needed.