Tank specials

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Andariel, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Andariel

Andariel Member

So this idea grew out of me not being able to jump out my tank for some odd reason (i hammered more often on e then these damned railguns could tear my sides apart). I also used searched and nothing came up equal to this.

Tank specials would add another kind of slot and allow the tank to excel a bit more.
    Special slots grow with tank size (light 1 med 2 heavy 3) im unsure if an apc or jeep should have one.

Possible bonuses (have to be researched as obvious)
    Automatic Pilot rescue pod- Whenever the tank is about to die (15% hull armor, should allow to not get always out automatic) the pilot will be ejected in a like 20° arc backwards 20 meters up out the tank and will then fly down secure with a parachute (can be ejected out with +use), he is a pretty easy target while being in the air but at least he got out the damn tank.

Coolant pods- the vehicles overall coolant gets improved (by like 10 percent, should be fine but playtest adjustment is obvious needed to all numbers)

Targetting and Tracking computer- improves homing and guided missile lockon/control, (shows the enemys armor? like the grenadiers special)

Engine supercharger-Allows the tank to "sprint", either own stamina bar or highly increased heat buildup

Weapon autoloader- reload&refire rate is improved

Auto destruct-The tank explodes in a big explosions, should be modified somehow by stored ammo, tank class and the kind of engine (a fission engine will explode bigger then a bio diesel for example, also a good reason why jeeps shouldn't have bonuses)

Improved cannon tube- The firing velocity of the shell is increased (like a few percents or a fixed value)

2. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Meny of these ideas get my fingers tingling with anticipation. I think with some tweeking this could be one of the best Ideas for vehicle's since...

3. Vaun

Vaun Member

Bravo! I like this, its good for my strategy: build my tank, rush thru enemy, kill enemy base, party as enemy comm goes boom.

4. polaski

polaski Member

Yay skill unlocks for tanks them selfs. Just think Engi cooling, advance cooling, and Heat sinks(coolent pods or what ever)=that BE heavy firing non stop till the ammo box disapears lol or even the nf heavy spamming missiles all day, can any one say fire support tank! I would love to see stealth systems for tanks other than the scout radar stealth. I mean come on the maps arn't designed for armor to hid in ambush. Im not gonna say anything bout the range cannon its not really getting changed much from what ive read before which makes me sad(but i still want a high velocity shell:cute: ).