Tank/Research simulator

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Nickierv, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

I have been working on a way to help new commanders with research and the vets who are trying to figure out the best tanks to build. To this end, I have created a tank and research simulator. This will help with the issues of people not knowing where a research is located.

How it works:
    Extract the Tank builder.xls file anywhere you want, it works on open office if you need a free program to use it.
    Fill in 1 in the bold box for any research that you want to conduct.
    Pick your engine, this also picks the chassis.
    Pick any research (weapons on top, armor under) that you want to put on your tank.
    The required research path will fill itself out in the long black box at the bottom.
    The total time and cost, as well as a "by tree" breakdown, for the research will be in the gray box to the right of that.

V 1.0
    Fixed a few problems, added in the tank builder part, stats for guns and engines work and as far as I know, everything is working.

Post here or PM me with any issues.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  2. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Just put out a new version with a few fixes and the features. What do people think? useful, not, utter waste of time?

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i made something like that to calculate research times and what path to take to get something in the research tree but i never released it

thisone looks far more advanced, very nice work
    GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL!!!!