Tank Rank/Aid Losing Team

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by alucard13mmfmj, Oct 25, 2011.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

Tanks, during a match, should have rankings when they are alive. Ranking would be based on # of kills.
    Ex:
    0 star = <3 kills
    1 star = 3 kills
    2 star = 5 kills
    3 star = 7 kills
    4 star = 10 kills
    5 star = +15 kills

Now, the ranking would be assigned to that tank (not driver), until that tank is dead. I dont think ranking should benefit the tank, at most, maybe increase hull HP slightly per star. I dont think higher rank tanks should get any major buffs, because people will steal those tanks.

This is to benefit the players that kill the tanks that have rankings. The benefit is increased wages. Now I dont have the numbers for the amount of wage a player gets for killing a tank atm. It would be something like this
    0 star = 20 res
    1 star = 40 res
    2 star = 80 res
    3 star = 160 res
    4 star = 320 res
    5 star = 640 res
    This would help out the losing team and help against stacking. The better team would have better tank drivers that will get a lot of kills. This would reward players for killing high rank tanks. The losing team would then have the resources to launch counter attacks with the resource aid.

The only problem is somehow indicating to players, the ranking of a tank without a big neon colored "Fuck Me" sign. Although, for the most part, I dont see an issue.. since camouflage for tanks dont even work. 0 star tanks wont have any indication.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I don't think that's the direction that the dev team wants to go in Empires. I can't speak for them, but it's just a hunch.

3. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

i dont get why most people think one has to help the losing team
    all these suggestions only lead to way to long matches and are only a pain in the ass of the losing team, since they will loose anyway
    in my years of gaming experience, I noticed that the most fun games are those where you wont have to wait half an hour until you are defeated
    if it happens it has to be quick and should not be prolonged artificially
    it works in every strategy game: you control more of the map->you got more resources->you can overwhelm your enemy faster
    its a very simple principle

if you want to fight against stacking, dont try to fight the effects
    fight the cause instead (this applies to most problems)
    so just implement something like autobalance

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its because you always should have downsides - contrary to empires where everything that counts is an items offensive capablilities ...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. ImSpartacus

I do, in fact, see the word "developer" next to your name...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  6. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

first: i can code, but im not in the "coding department" (im not crazy enough to battle about the code with mootant beerdude and maybe brutos, i dont know)

second: as far as i remember there where already working autobalance server plugins, dont know where they are gone though

7. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

stacking just ruins the game =|... and counter stacking seldomly occurs. lol, i usually counter stack (if its not too horrible), but im obviously not top tier like some other players :S.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Sounds like an amazing idea, except bounty should only start when a tank has 1 star, not 0, since you already gain 20-60 with each tank, and basically just have the half of those values and this would be a great implementation. Honestly, I would think it were awesome if I was battling a bunch of 0 star tanks then a 5 star tank comes and I shit my pants, works as an anti-morale booster.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

This is actually a good idea, good job alucard.

Btw the ranks should be visually representable to make vets get targettd and stuff

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Stars on both sides of vehicle? Just not the cheap shit, some properly textured ones applied whenever the tank hits next level.

Bloodraven would camp a 5-star jeep half the time. Do want.

11. Paradox

ow how lovely would it not be to blow up bloodraven his 5-star jeep with 1 little mine :) I'd fucking switch teams just to hear him rage :)

12. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I'm experiencing some deja vu about this suggestion, but maybe I'm just having delusions.

13. Krazer

Krazer Member

Ron Paul 2012.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

Bugs Bunney 2012
    [​IMG]

15. ImSpartacus

Spartacus 2012

[​IMG]

16. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Oh god, me and my poor Jeep would be a 2 hit cash cow.

660 (680 if Reznov is with me) wages for killing me and my 5 Star Jeep. If this and my Wage Sharing system were implemented . you wouldn't need refineries.

I like the idea of extra HP and maybe a small damage buff as a reward for good performance (or stealing some guys tank). Would this also apply to the CV? (lol hobbes.)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  17. Paradox

lol the damage buff on a jeep would be area of attack :p that would be genius, if you get a 5 start jeep, you get like sharp blades on your wheels sticking out 2 feet on each side :) and an awesome animation to go with it ofcourse, I think implementing just this would save the entire game. 1 trailer and everyone wants to try it!

18. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

So I had a giant rant about Boomtanking here, but it's totally off topic and I can't really criticize Hobbes until I command a game against him. I want to kick his ass at Boomtanking some day. :cool:

19. Paradox

You don't learn to kick his ass at boomtanking you learn to use your absolute building field as a commander and then its gg for hobbes.

20. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

I would assume the stars would float above the vehicles like names.