Tacticians-Strategists, an emergent clan.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Nikolai, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Hello, everyone. I would like you to get to know our new clan, Tacticians-Strategists (T-S.) We are an ambitious clan looking to establish a foothold in the Empires community. But first, you're probably asking yourself, "Self, what does this new and promising clan have to offer a prestigious fellow like me?"

Our clan will be home to a group of players who appreciate the teamplay aspect of Empires. We play with tactics in mind, our style being exemplified in our name. We are very teamplay-oriented, putting cohesion as a fighting force before individual skill to result in a team more effective than the sum of its parts. However, we also strive to be a clan of the elite.

You may now ask, "Well, how can you expect to thrive as a clan when you only want the elite?" The answer to this question lies in the fact that we do not necessarily wish to recruit elite. As a clan, we will put forth an intensive but flexible training regimen that will make you elite. We'll tell you all the secrets, inform you of the techniques veteran players use to outwit the green recruits, and ensure you associate with our namesake.

Simply put, we strive to make every player a commander of himself; a successful member of Tacticians-Strategists will be able to take control of the situation, assess possibilities in how to solve a problem, and execute a plan that will allow him to beat the enemy through the use of maneuvers that depend less on raw skill and more on teamwork.

This may all sound so intimidating, and may require a lot of work. It may even scare more casual and new gamers away. But don't worry, we're not a bunch of stuck-up elitists. We welcome new players and will gladly teach them, given they are eager to learn.

The clan is invite-only, and seems rather exclusive. There will undoubtedly be a lot of people who just don't want to spend the time learning all these complicated and in-depth aspects of Empires. But we have a niche for those players. Tacticians-Strategists is setting forth to build up a seperate community that caters to more casual players that wish for a more laid back experience.

The T-S server will be open for public gaming in a routine schedule, with T-S members being present to guide players, influencing them to play with teamplay in mind. There will also be matches scheduled that will pit regular pubbers and T-S members to play against each other in a friendly match. This will serve to bring the T-S experience to a broader demographic and give us an opportunity to find recruits for the clan.

So join the T-S community. The community steam group is up right now, and you are free to join. We'll make sure it will hold a friendly atmosphere, and that it is free of the usual nusances.

Thank you,
    Nikolai - Clan Founder and Council Member

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Please, whatever you do, keep up with this idea.
    I would love to see a clan like this, since you guys seem like you could become something.
    However, I have yet to see many T-S players, so that does make me slightly sadder.

3. Silk

Silk Mapper

Congratulations !

I hope you guys will do well.
    Very nice introduction btw ...

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Good luck! :)

5. Drag

Drag Member

Well good luck with that clan. I hope you already have an "elite cadre" of empires players that know ALL the tricks to outwit opponents. Else it will be a bit hard to teach it to zee young ones.

You should be active in inviting people to your clan chat group so they come back themselves after a while. This works well if you need to seed a server.

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Good luck! Your league clan page is set up

7. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

You need a forum so I can read it. :p

Anyway, hopefully you can manage better with that strick strategical and tactical aspect in mind than CW.

8. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

The Mobile Armor Division wishes to extend its hand....oh frap it.

Congratulations and I hope to see you guys on the field!

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Try not to take the League too seriously, or you'll end up losing your nice teamwork aspect...

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Wow, a new clan might make it a full page without a flame. THIS IS HISTORY IN THE MAKING.

11. Beerdude26

You're all fuckers

AHA HISTORY AVERTED

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Noap 2nd page. FAIL!

13. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

You only show 10 posts per page? Well then I guess you fail too. :p

14. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Must........command.........myself.........

Ah, I fail!

15. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I have it set to 40 posts per page.

16. communism

communism poof

burn
    [​IMG]

17. Beerdude26

IN YOUR FACE SIMON

18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Teamwork is for people who aren't good enough to do stuff themselves.

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

^^ next time you play and your team loses i copy the chat to the forum mkay?

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

There is no Team in Victory but there is an I.