Switch Bio ML and Plasma Canon

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -=SIP=-, May 29, 2009.

1. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Switch Bio ML and Plasma Canon to Bio Canon and Plasma ML.

Plasma is against tanks and ML is against tanks. So why have not have Plasma ML?
    Bio Canon would become also more usefull for fighting against turteling infantry.

Plasma canon and Bio ML should then be removed.

[​IMG]
    Plasma ML
    Cost: 50
    Damage: 45
    Speed: 1800
    Clip Size: 4 (4 Clips)
    Cycle Time: 1.0
    Reload Time: 4.0
    Weight: 50
    Heat: 5
    Heat to target: 12
    Explosion Radius / Force: 100 / 50

[​IMG]
    Bio Canon
    Cost: 80
    Damage: 40
    Speed: 3000
    Clip Size: 16
    Cycle Time: 3.0
    Weight: 80
    Heat: 14
    Explosion Radius / Force: 300 / 100
    Each hit deals 3 damage per second, inflicted for 20 seconds. Does not stack.

Pro
    -makes underused weapons more usefull

Cons

-balancing
    -Plasma Canon and Bio ML removed

Alternative
    -keep Plasma Canon and Bio ML and add Plasma ML and Bio Canon

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Plasma ML = Nuke. err... HIT missile.

also, any biological material used in a cannon shell would probably be destroyed and / or incinerated by the energy released upon impact.

3. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

OR, here's a good one, you have both! So BE can use a fungun that actually does something on their heavies! Also try to keep the damages in line with both the ML and cannon versions, and don't overdo heat on bio cannon.

4. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Why? Plasma ML will only do a little more damage than standard ML. And it has a small explosion radius.

We don't care about realism.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I kinda like it actually, although your damage for the cannon seems too high and bio degrade damage too low. A 60 or so with an additional 5 over 10 seconds (50) non stack, could work better. Although i'm just pulling those out of the air, based on what the old damage used to be for HE - 80 because I don't know what it is now.

The focus for a Bio cannon, should be the bio damage, not the impact damage, is what i'm getting at.

6. Alceister

Alceister Member

Lets just axe bio and plasma. For all the "thematic reasoning" we may as well have lasers and orbital bombardment.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

biological compounds have been known to survive space shuttle/rocket travel into and out of space

and yes, the biological compound was OUTSIDE the capsule -___-

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Bio canon will do 40 damage and 60 damage over time. Enough to kill infantry with one perfect hit and no healing in 20 seconds.

Of course this also can be changed to 25 damage and 75 damage over time (3 damage per second, inflicted for 25 seconds)

But I'm little bit confused about your example. You want less impact damage and more bio damage but your number goes in the other direction.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Lol! Just chalk it up to my fail reading :p

Well in that case, cannon at 40 is pretty low, as that's a standard level of damage, rather than augmented. I wasn't really thinking about infantry, hopefully an easy way out would be to level resistance against it, but for tanks a 60 + 50 over 10s seemed kinda good to me.

10. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

That doesn't go in with all the others, as one hit can kill a medium tank (bioml) with full armor. Meaning it does over 200 DoT.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Umm...are you saying it doesn't do enough damage compared to Bio ML?...if it's a cannon you should hit every few seconds really, that's why the DoT is low.

Excuse me if i've misunderstood.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

LOL.

Cannons are for repeatedly hitting targets. What's the point of a drive-by cannon? There is none.
    SalvoML, Salvo Homing, Homing...screw it, all missiles are hit and run. Unless you know how to use salv.

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

All missiles are hit and run? :confused:

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Which missiles do you use up-close and stay there with? Salvo launches 4 missiles and has a fast reload speed, which is the only missile the is useful upfront.

Homing you launch your load and keep retreating, nukes you launch and retreat, guided you use from a dist, etc.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

UML, direct impact missiles, anything really. You slam into the tank and pummel one side until it gets pwned. It's the old way of doing things really.

If you had something like a Bio Cannon, you could shoot from further away and wouldn't need to worry about hitting alot, quickly, but rather hitting each one. It's like extended range, except without the need to hit quickly.

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

why don't we add bio arty then? for lols?

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lol green rain.

18. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The world's coming to that already.

Anyways, I don't fully unsupport BIOCN, but the concept makes little sense.

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That, I can agree with.

Mkoll came up with an idea for one before...but...well, it's not needed, is it? :p

20. Drag

Drag Member

I made both bio cannons and bio arty, whats the big deal. The bio cannon damage over time needs to be rather short, high peak damage. It also has the "advantage" of adding heat to a tank over time making it a decent weapon. I also switched out the plasma cannon for a phospor cannon with a burning damage over time effect + some heat.

The bio arty I made (which is only available late game) is basically a support weapon with a gigantic radius but a slow, long damage tick. (60ish overall damage) It's meant to spray a whole base full of enemies who can not sprint anymore and take constant damage. (Siege weapon really)

If I have time I'll run a public test for that to collect some more flamecookies. We use them to fuel the empires engine.