Super Units

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by polaski, Jan 1, 2008.

1. polaski

polaski Member

Ya I know but there more map spicific and probly not worth the pros seeing as there are a bunch of cons. All the units im posting are refrenses from other games. These super units would be limit 1 per map.The loadouts on them cant be customised. If we actually make them buildable then we have to reaserch each componet for them and the reaserch is spread out through all the tech tree. Could implement them on realese 4? :D

Airial super units could be a Zeplin from crimsom skies for NF and the Agion for BE. They are mobile flying repair pads with weapons cons titan mode from bf2142 implemented for map realated missions. We could make them flying CVs but they shouldn't replace them for every map or we could leave this feature out lol. This might even be a way to implement comm super weps like mounting crappy cruis missils, great against non moving tanks weak against buildings able to be shot down by AA turrets and tanks requires scout to spot targets for strike clip of 5 with 2 extra clips NO! reload?

Navil could be Battleships being the bigest class for ships it would seam that this type of unit in empires would scare any would be seaman away from fighting on the water front the NF could have a ship like the Bismark or somthing around that era it would be extreamly armored plus its teck would revolve around missils while the BE craft would be something from SUP COM while the armor isnt as strong as the NF the BE should be deadly at close to medium range and dangerous at far with high damige and great acuracy at far range. OR we could go with air craft carriors?

Land Super units im still in detate with friends online about but there all for this and the crew limit would be 5. The baneblade for NF and the Fatboy from sup com. The Fatboy would have an artillery cannonon its roof with HE shells the other 4 turrets are Heavy tank turret with rails and 50. mg. The NF would have the same configuration except the NF fells like it relies more on missils so the 4 other turrets on the tank would have homing missils and 50. mg and salvo missils.

The building super unit :D Is called the COMMAND CENTER its a mixed building. Every thing in this building is spawned with half health and works like saped buildings. The back story is its !THE! comm center for the area and its a place to shove the CV with out having to worry about being ninjad and griefed plus its the last stand building against air units. It would have a lot of health and there would need to be 2 parts to this building an inside and out side. the reasoning for this is the inside need some protection from its owning team, what i mean is that there is one designated stop inside called the "core"
    it provides power and reasorces at a very slow rate also ths building bleeds tickets into the counter at a super slow rate (as in reinforces are being snuck in). But to make it scout friendly the core is the only part sappable and repairable. the the core gets saped lights inside some areas and on the out side will turn red, the building will have 5 minuits to get repaired or it explodes any thing cought within its blast raidius is instantly killed so that means a scout can kill the com lol. It has 12 turrets all lvl4 (lvl 4 turrets would have the greatest range of all turrets and have AOE to it except the aa turrets, the mg turrets will fire a HE bullet every 20'th round, missile turrets are almost equiped with nukes but they only have the splash of an HE shell and can handle composit armor as it is right now,and AA turrets i think in this game should have an mg and missile luancher). The lvl4 turrets them selfs cant be reshearched being as the componets for the turret are to complex to be placed at the front lines so the high command decided to limmit the the lvl3 as the highest the field commanders should get. The building cant rearm or repair tanks and aircraft and it cant do research, but it can detect infantry tanks and planes. Once placed it cant be removed so comm have to think about where they place it also there should be a limit as to what could be placed near it.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Or as Krenzo, Megel, Dee, Solokiller and pretty much every dev (I'm not a dev btw) said; No Super Units in Empires? :p

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

I'm pretty sure that the idea of super weapons/units/buildings/flying monsters has been brought up numerous times and shot down by the developers as something not belonging in the Empires universe.

4. polaski

polaski Member

i know but it was nagging me in the back of my head so i had to post it can we let this die lol or we could expand but i put my 2 sense in and im done with this at least i managed to satify the voices in my head lol

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Super unit = Scout squad leader with 5 points.

6. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

I think what he's saying, and if not I'm saying, that he wants some maps where the team spawns on or uses that one unit as something of a base, like the huge blimb base when JetBlimbs come out, or a huge carrier/battleship with boats and planes on it, both with some sort of CV capability.

MAN I'd love a huge, pilotable Command Blimb map with plane fights and blimp chases and mannable AA guns and... ooh, hand me a cigarette cus I just came!

7. -=GODS=-EZEKIEL

-=GODS=-EZEKIEL Member

What is the difference between blimp and blimb? Is there any? Is there a story behind it?

8. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

A Blimb is a big floaty bag filled with lighter-than-air gas that carries a deck which in turn carries one or more passengers and their luggage.

A Blimp consists of one large levitating sac containing a less-dense-than-Oxygen element which holds an enclosed car that holds the riders as well as whatever they may bring along.

It doesnt get any simpler.

9. -=GODS=-EZEKIEL

-=GODS=-EZEKIEL Member

OMIGAWD I had no idea!

10. taikuodo

taikuodo Member

Well, I think superweapons and super units can have its place in empires, but just like other games, you should be able to turn them off before the game starts (like in admin the server).

So I think if they were added, they would add an different feel to the game. And if you don't want to play with superunits and superweapons, just go to a different server.

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

They don't fit in the empires universe, this is not an RTS only, this is an FFPS/RTS hybrid, the units that are killed by the superweapons and super units are actual people, and they don't like that kind of a cheap kill.

12. taikuodo

taikuodo Member

Yeah... so maybe we just need some other designers to implement it into the map somehow..

because its not for gameplay, just who wouldn't want to watch a mushroom cloud from ground zero? or experience a lightning storm.

13. polaski

polaski Member

I was thinking more of objective modes and posible building in mid game (but not really) for some of the units in mid game currently the game has no real objective mode like the clasic fly through the trench and desrtoy the death star on the star wars mods/games or destroy this unit within so and so time limit but i tried to add some sort of way for it to be built just in case but it gets boring after a while playing for tickets and slaghter some defensless vehicle or grab flags but i know its hard to implement somthing new couse i tried to make a star trek mod for bf 1942 but failed miserably (lost a comp) The comm center is more of a mappers thing but i cant get the right tools for what i want done also i dont have the room any more.