Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BattleBuddy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. BattleBuddy

BattleBuddy Member

I played this game a year ago and came back last month and love all the new fixes and such, but still a few things are missing that I feel should be added.

1) When Engineers place an wall, radar, etc, their name should be posted above or with the item. That way, you can tell who the (badword) griefer is who walled off your VF or put down a radar on the Res Node.

2) If you buy a vehicle, you should have the option to lock it. Lock out everyone or lock out everyone who is not in your squad.

3) When you change classes, and then change back to a class you had been previously on the same map, the rank upgrades would still be what you chose instead of having to choose them over again. This is just lazy, but I think it would be nice.

4) Vehicles of the same faction would not be able to drive into the darn VF.

5) Some kind of recurring stat on the Commander Vote screen that lets you know if you're voting for some guy who won 0-10, or a guy whose won 5-6.

6) Jeeps should not be able to flip tanks. I don't know the math, but this is kind of dumb.

7) As Commander, when trying to place a building, maybe an option to 'auto' move the idiots that are standing where you want your building to be placed.

8) Spectators should only be able to talk amongst themselves. They don't want to play the map, then they don't get to talk to people who are actually playing and be arses and give away strategic info.

Just a few ideas I thought were note worthy.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

1: Would help, I guess

6: Apparantly this is an intended feature. I really don't know why =/

8: sure

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

I only think #1 would be nice...

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

1: i agree, this should be done the same way as with players, so only looking at them at close range brings it up, so that it doesn't disrupt gameplay. great suggestion.

2: locking has problems, that sometimes people with good intentions can and need to take the vehicle. you jump out of an APC to repair it and then someone on the other side sees rockets inbound on it... What about an ability to kick people out of vehicles. then, you allow people to move them without you needing to know the reason, but if someone is clearly hijacking the vehicle you can boot them.

this could be done the same way as this suggestion

3: I agree. I'd also like some sort of notification when you die that you have new unused skillpoints available.

4: In 2.1 (the upcoming patch) vehicles automatically drive out of the VF.

5: suggestion needs work. what if a good commander has just joined. does winning always mean a good commander (ninja, good team) or losing a bad one (ninja, bad team). What about if you don't want to command, or if you do but have a poor score. those should come before the recent score of a commander. Finally, I don't WANT a score for my commanding. That's a lot of pressure on me, and will mean that for a dozen reasons i won't take the unenviable choice to be commander. For instance: we have a noob commander for the first half of the match, we are almost guarenteed to lose. what if I have a crap team. It'll also put pressure on each match for me to win in the most brutal methods possible. Some games, where it's clear my team is better than theirs, i'll research random stuff like fission engine and reflective armour, just to mix the game up a bit. not to sabotage the team but just to make the experience more fun for both teams than just forcing my team to get HE and win easily. Let's not add anything thats gunna make people not want to command.

6: I entirely agree. Jeeps taking damage from hitting enemy vehicles ftw.

8: Partially agree. Because although once in a while you do get an arse that does spoil, I regularly talk to spectators, which i love, and i also love being complemented by spectators, and also complementing nice moves and such that i see as a spectator myself. it makes it feel a lot more social, as many people that regularly spectate will agree. Perhaps a server cvar for it would be good, and also a system where if 3 people want a spec to shut up, he can't global speak. Probably complicated to implement but I don't want to lose the good feeling on some servers with nice specs.

5. Chahk

Chahk Member

That would clutter up the screen too much. Perhaps only the commander should be able to see the owner of any structure.

Been suggested multiple times and discussed to death. Not sure what the official stance is on this item.

I'd love that, as well as having both general and class-specific upgrades on the same level, instead of being accessible via drop-downs.

Yes please :)

That'd be bad for the community, as it would encourage all sorts of negative preconceptions. Besides the point that it would be too easy to abuse such a feature.

Agree x10000.

I see it being abused to no end. A commander could then "push" a player around the entire map by just attempting to place something on top of them. Perhaps something less drastic, such as a voice prompt to the specified player saying "Move" will suffice.

I strongly agree with this suggestion. Spectators' chat and VoIP should not be visible/heard to all. I see this implemented in almost all other Source mods, not sure how difficult it would be to get into Empires.

6. Hebrew_Hero

Hebrew_Hero Member

I have to Agree with Chahk. But 7, would not work. The problem with this game is, people think skill determines everything, or that the commander is wrong and should be ignored. That or their just afk.