Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by newguy, Dec 1, 2007.

1. newguy

newguy Member

After playing for a few hours I gathered a few suggestions that I feel would improve the mod.

1. There should be a handbrake for the vehicles, in which the player would press the 'Space bar' in order to use the handbrake and keep the vehicle in a solid position.

2. The Scout's sniper rifle for the Northern Faction sounds very weak when firing. I think the sniper rifle sound for when firing should be altered so that it sounds more powerful.

3. I think that a nice vehicle that could be added to Empires in the future would be a hovercraft. Hovercrafts can go over pretty much any surface, so it would be great to have in Empires, especially when water is blocking the path.

4. When a building or turret is being attacked, a woman voice informs all the players about this. However, no one knows where the building or turret being attacked is. I think that the map in-game should point out where the attack is occurring, possibly by flashing an image over the coordinate where the attack is happening.

5. When the commander builds a building or turret, I think the woman voice should inform all of the players on the same team about this, and point out clearly on the map where the building or turret has been placed.

6. When in commander view, zooming in and out using the scrollwheel is extremely slow. I think the speed of zooming in and out should be faster.

7. The player voted to be commander should have the option to accept or decline the commander position.

8. At the moment, the jeep is hardly used due to its lack of weaponary. I think that the jeep should be able to be equiped with a machine gun so that it has more of a use than just driving around.

9. I think that when a commander places a building down a ring (possibly red) should expand out once and then fade to let players know (within a specific area) that the commander placed a building there. I know that there is a 'boom' sound atm, but a lot of the time I don't realise that the commander placed a building because I don't hear it. A beacon on the other hand would be very obvious.

10. When a base is beeing attacked I think a war siren should sound to alert people that it is being attacked, but should mainy be implemented because it would sound really good and adds to the war-style environment.

11. I think that there should be 'squad talk' buttons: one for typing text to your squad only (possibly the 'U' key), and one for speaking to your squad only over the mic (possibly the 'L' key). This would enable members within squads to give orders to their squad without everyone on the team having to know. I think it would be logical to make squad talk coloured green, both for the text and for the mic speak image which appears on the right side of the screen.

If I think of more, I will add them to the list. Thank you for the mod, it's great ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

handbrake would be nice :D

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Hey, look at that, I agree entirely! To make a vehicle stop, I've gotten used to just hopping out which parks it. And the scout rifle sounds have always kind of pissed me off.

4. ^Dee^

I like it. Ish like a crack of a whip :)

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

the nf scout rifle sound is one of the only sounds i like.. its got pop to it

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i say make them like old west rifle sounds, with that really high pitched metallic tone to them, like a ripping sound, or grating metal on metal. I can't find any good clips that dont involve you watching a youtube pirate copy for like 5 minutes, so... you know what i'm talking about. Stereotypical western guns from the 50s to the 90s.

7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It's not a sniper rifle, it's a bolt action rifle with a scope on it.

8. newguy

newguy Member

lol does it matter what it is called? Atm it sounds weaker than a pistol.

9. Talgonadia

Talgonadia Member

yeah i noticed that the pistol sounds louder and more powerful than the rifle. Also a question on the scouts scoped rifles... Are they one shot kill headshots?? or does it depend on the class you are shooting at?.. i swear i've put 3 bullets into some1's head before they died. I see the blood spray from their head when i hit them.
    If i hit the helmet does that reduce the damage they take? so should i be aiming a tad lower to shoot em in the mouth?

10. ^Dee^

normally one shot for headkills. I'm not sure if the rifleman body armour makes it 2 shots but if they have the health upgrade, it won't be one shot kill I don't think.

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Normaly body shots without anything its just 2 shots/ 1 headshot

if they have any health upgrade or near a squad leader who is an engineer it will be around 3 shots to the body and 2 to the head I belive...

12. newguy

newguy Member

Added 2 more ideas :)

13. newguy

newguy Member

6 ideas up and running :)

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

1. Not a bad idea, but I could live without it.
    2. I like it for the reasons stated above.
    3. Seems like there is plenty of time to me, might have something to do with the server you are on.
    4. Amphibious APCs would be cooler. ;D
    5. Building icons flash on the minimap.
    6. The commander should tell players nearby what is happening. I don't (usually) care if the comm builds some walls on the other side of the map.

15. Sewage

Sewage Member

I agree with these comments.

16. newguy

newguy Member

"5. Building icons flash on the minimap."
    I haven't noticed this, and it is for this reason that I think they should be made more obvious to the player.

"6. The commander should tell players nearby what is happening. I don't (usually) care if the comm builds some walls on the other side of the map."
    Yes, I agree. Maybe it would be best if it just informed the players within a specific radius of the newly built building or turret.

17. newguy

newguy Member

You were right about the time in changing maps. It was just a server thing. *Removed*

18. Chahk

Chahk Member

Not true at all. Just keep holding that Use key and once your current gun is full, the ammo for other weapons will start getting resupplied also without having to switch to those weapons at all. You are confused because the weapon you're currently holding will have priority in the resupply order. In other words, if as a Grenadier you switch to Mines, they will be resupplied first, and then the rest of your weapons. This is useful when you only want to stock up on a particular type of ammo and don't care about other types.

Solution 1: If you are voted in and accept the position - start commanding. If you do not accept - hop out of the CV (and of course tell your team you're doing so).

Solution 2: Join the Spectator team during the Commander voting session to opt out of being voted into it in the first place.

First of all, all commander-placed structures are followd by an audible que - the sound of an object being plumped down, a "boom" of sorts. Second, Rifflemen can't really help much in constructing, so why bother notifying them, even if they are within range. Third, Commanders will usually select nearby Engineers and order them to construct the newly placed buildings.

Communication is the key here. Often as a Comm, I don't want my Engies sticking around our main base. Instead, I have them run off to resource nodes while I build whatever I need in the base. So I will let them know (over voice coms) that I'm doing so, and only give them "Guard" orders on structures I need built. They really don't need to be bothered by the auto-reminders telling them that I dropped some structure nearby. If I need them to build it - I will let them know.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  19. newguy

newguy Member

Thanks for that :)

20. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

The minimap icons should be smaller, in a small group of players, you cant see anything but a mass of arrows covering all the buildings and tanks. I know I need to know is where the player is and where he's looking, but I dont need it in huge font.