Suggestions for two scout abilities

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rippie, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Rippie

Rippie Member

As always when making suggestions you run the risk of suggesting something that has already been suggested. I looked around briefly but couldnt find these.

Both of my suggested abilities could be balanced in a number of ways, such as requiring a special skill to operate, couple of seconds of deployment time etc.

I would suggest adding two abilities to the scout that might give him some strategic value. One would be the ability to creep up and take control of enemy turrets, being placed in first person view on them and being able to fire them as he would his own weaponary, all while standing next to it and being defenceless before "unmounting" the turret. This could be done for both a ML and a MG turret. I just think it would be quite interesting to creep into an enemy base, take over their new level 3 and gun them all down.

The second ability I would like to suggest probably istnt as useful but more like a fun deal. The ability to booby trap empty enemy vehicles, perhaps with some random effect kicking in when someone enters the vehicle. Downright just killing it would be lame of course as you would have no way of knowing that is was trapped in the first case. Suitable effects could perhaps be overheating it, locking a random weapon to fire continously, make all armor blow off, halving its movement speed, or if you are feeling really abusive set its gravity to 0. ;)
    These abilities would of course be repairable on a repair pad or by an engineer, and the scout would only be able to booby trap one vehicle at a time. Its mostly to deny the enemy the safety of leaving their vehicles.:P

Anyhow, feel free to critisize.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Gunning people down while STANDING IN THE OPEN.

Brilliant idea, especially seeing as how turrets have some of the weakest weapons in the game.

How exactly are you going to booby trap vehicles? People don't leave them lying around, a scout running across a tank field to sabotage a vehicle doesn't sound very likely either, especially when he could just kill the driver and sticky stun the vehicle a few times which would be far more effective.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

take note!
    the only thing turrets have atm is there perfect robotic aim, taking controle of a turret makes you shoot a very weak but with unlimited ammo weapon

4. Demented

Demented Member

I admit that, regardless of how utterly pointless it would be, I would be taking control of level 2 and level 3 mg turrets every chance I got, especially if you could fire beyond the normal range of a turret.

Even though you most likely wouldn't kill anyone, you would be seriously annoying. In the "I have to go out of my way to shoot some worthless noob manning a turret just so I can stop that damn racket" sense.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

mortar still solves the problem :P

6. communism

communism poof

damnnn
    chris is so damn smug

7. Rippie

Rippie Member

Yes, standing out in the open would be suicidal. I guess I thought it might be more interesting when combined with hide, suddenly that friendly level 3 next to you goes frenzy, and its not immediatly obvious as to why.
    And I always wanted to be able to shoot enemy infantry with an ML turret :P

As to how the booby-traping would work, I suppose you would walk up and just use it. I imagined it would be mostly useful in those situation where an enemy heavy tank driver left his tank to build something, you managed to kill him and suddenly find yourself without any means of disabling the enemy vehicle.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Not gonna talk about turrets, but booby-trapping vehicles, I can only think of a couple of ways to do that: -

1) you overheat the vehicle, making it as useful as a block of wood,
    2) you lock out one of the weapons until it gets to a repair pad,
    3) you make the vehicle operate as if it was hull-flashing (low speed, lower heat capacity[?]) until it gets to a repair pad, or
    4) you do regular damage.

1 is pants, 2&3 are interesting but may be more of an annoyance than anything (who knows?) and 4 is probably something that should happen anyway, if you happen to be hanging around an enemy tank for 20 seconds (or however long saboutage is).