Suggestion concerning ammunition given when changing class at barracks.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jragbir, Mar 19, 2010.

1. jragbir

jragbir Member

The suggestion is: If you have more than the default spawn ammunition for your class, your ammunition should not reset when changing class (updating your skills) at a barracks/armory.

Context: You spawn at a barracks and enter an armory and load up on ammo and suddenly you realize your missing one of your skills so you update and now your left will default spawn ammo. Now you proceed to waste time stocking up on ammo again.

Furthermore, the scout and engineer class use the same weapons so say if were to stock up on smg1 ammo as a scout and decide to change class to engineer, your smg1 ammo shouldn't reset. Same thing goes for the pistol.

This suggestion really only impacts grenadiers the most as in my opinion ammo increase for grens is a must and I frequently end up loading up on ammo then realizing I can update my skillset. No real impact on balance, just more convenient.

2. Demented

Demented Member

It's fun to load up on ammo, change class, load up on ammo, change class... Just for griefing purposes.
    "Oh hai, I'm not idling, I'm getting ammoz."

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Changing class also should not autoreload all your guns.

4. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Players should always spawn with full ammo. :pathetic:

5. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

everyone should get a pony

6. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

support +1
    hate wasting time getting ammo when u can keel the other players ALLAH AKBAR

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

make people spawn with fullammo

8. jragbir

jragbir Member

this thread isnt about spawning with full ammo, its about what happens to ur ammo when u change class but it seems thats what most of you guys want lol.

hexy: i guess ur talking about the bullet weapons since rpg and mortor are the only weapons that dont auto reload. i agree with u on that

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

It's funny cause it was added by krenzo so rifleman couldn't camp at a flag like on district and just change class every time they needed to reload so they wouldn't ever have to reload. Yet grens were the only class that need to reload every change now..

Another advantage to rifle whores and blow to grens.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I always change class to reload as riflemans on flags :P

11. Empty

Empty Member

Full ammo and reloaded gren weapons plz.

12. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

If everyone spawned with full ammo, this wouldn't be a problem. Duh!

13. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

I think all classes should spawn with half current capacity ammo. This makes armories useful for more than just health, helps the frequency of an engi being helpful in a support capacity, forces the decision of "stock up on ammo and be there 10 seconds late or rush now and risk running shy of ammo", and opens the door to make ammo increase a more useful skill.

If ammo increase doubles your capacity and you start with half capacity, you would effectively be starting with "full" ammo at spawn/class change.

The second issue is gren reloads (upon class change/reselect, not spawn) and no one else does. I kind of understand where this may have come from... gren standing in rax spamming fire and class reselect, turning the rpg into a machine gun comes to mind. Perhaps the best solution is that all weapons start empty (75 rounds on hand but zero in the smg). So as you are running out during the opening moments of the game everyone is loading up their weapons.

The third issue is losing all the ammo you just gathered because of a skill change or class change where the same primary/secondary weapon is still part of your loadout. I imagine this was to prevent using ammo upgrade, stocking up, then changing skill and still having all the ammo that was gathered. I think this should be improved upon, allowing a class to keep any ammo still usable upon a change/reselect.

14. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I destroy your assumptions with my logic!

*Ahem*

Spawn as Engineer, drop ammobox, change class, have full ammo.

15. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

lul, you must have not read what I said, dropping an ammobox and changing class has zero to do with anything covered in my post. I'll turn it to bullets for you.
    • Always start with (max_ammo / 2).
    • Ammo increase skill means max_ammo is doubled, starting ammo becomes old max_ammo by proxy.
    • Start with all weapons empty but ammo on hand, so all weapons suffer a "reload" penalty like the gren does currently with rpg/mortar.
    • If you stock up on ammo as engi with smg1, then change to scout with smg1, let you keep your ammo instead of resetting back to full smg and 30 rounds.
    • If you stock up on ammo as engi, then change skills from revive to repair, let you keep your ammo instead of resetting back to starting ammo.
    Normally I rather enjoy your input... I hate to say you failed pretty hard here buddy =P

16. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

..................processing............

Self-Evaluation results: Post interpretation protocols producing excessive errors. Recalibration recommended. Predicted time to implement: One night's sleep.

Decision Protocol: Formulate Solution. Implement Recalibration during Sleep Mode.

Idea Formulation results: Full Solution not possible until Recalibration of Post interpretation protocols. Temporary Solution: Have Communication Protocols formulate and implement an Apology.

Decision Protocol: Execute.

*Sigh* Sorry Sound, I skimmed your post waaaaaay too fast to actually understand any of it. I would post something on what you really meant, but It's too late at night and I'm too tired to actually make something well-thought out right now. Maybe I'll post again later.

P.S.
    Someone actually values my opinion? :eek:

Self-Evaluation results: Communication Protocols extremely efficient, but Emotional Interference is too high. Recommend immediate Purge of Emotions.

Decision Protocol: Heck No! :rolleyes: :p

P.P.S. Holy Carp, it is late! Jeez, this is what I get for having an exceptional imagination.

17. Omneh

Omneh Member

Somewhat unrelated, but it would be nice if max_ammo.txt was removed and replaced with ammo values defined in the weapon script, the current implementation is fiddly as hell to balance around.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

although it is "fiddly" it allows for far more complex situations, as you describe it, it would not be so easy to give scout more ammo for his primary weapon then engineer

personally, i think we must see it far more minimalistic, spaun with max ammo, but with far fewer clips, for example an engineer could only carry 2 to 3 clips for his smg max and spawn with them, then if he wants more after he used someof it he better put down that ammobox or visit an armory

if someone stands on a flag and picks a new equip, he has to reload every weapon he now has, since rocket launchers and machinegun do not get stored loaded and ready to fire anyway, and it would prevent the whole exploit with reloading by use of a flag

id say the only person that should get enough loaders to go around and do his busness is the rifleman

the grenadier should get a massive buff in damage anti tank wise, but only be able to carry 3 rockets and 4 mortar shells, so in large groups they can chew tanks and spit them out but alone they will have to be able to make every round hit

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Please to be giving pistol 1 full ammoz? :confused: Sidearm is fallback is sidearm is life is weak but helpsie.

etcetera etcetera etcetera