Suggestion #3 : Infantry Research

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Xyaminou, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Suggestion #3 : Infantry Research

Highlines :

In every good RTS you can have improvements for your soldiers , for the smallest units. We should be able to have that in Empires.

Ideas of researches :

- Health Upgrade
    - Armor Upgrade
    - Weapon Upgrade
    - Stamina Upgrade
    - Speed Upgrade
    - etc...

2. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

suggested more times than i can count, and yes it would be nice

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

4. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Only 4 stars because you didn't give any specifics.

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Well I could always make a full research plan but since if we accept this idea it would need alot of tunnings and testings to make it balanced , its not of any utility to make a plan for the moment.

:)

6. zenarion

zenarion Member

I would not have any weapon speeds, or ranges to be changed just like that.
    Like, sudenly my RPG rocket travels hella fast, and i miss the target i aimed at, and tank that goes undamaged, unkilled, continues to do some nasty things to my team.
    Things like DAMAGE and HEALTH on the other hand would be better.
    SPEED is a thing that when changed can surprise the players. It is like suddenly changing the control scheme. Especially dangerous to new players, who don't read the chat window like a bible, and don't notice when such things are changed.
    Scout HIDE quality suffers not from the abovementioned drawback.
    Neither does the AMMO capacity of players.
    Research that allows grens to have more than 8 active mines.
    More selectable weapons, yes please. Like, research and pay for an actual sniper rifle for the scouts. Research and pay for extra armor for Grenadiers and Riflemen. Pay for that every time such upgraded riflemen/scouts/grens spawn as well! 10 res a person, per upgrade, or something. Can balance out anything that is awesome by making it expensive. Late-game infantry upgrades are actually worth it, since you may have lots of cash but be short on tickets.

7. Soulton

Soulton Member

You would have to have some sort of load out, as I'm sure there would be many upgrades, and it makes more sense if theres choices like vehicle loadout, as well you have a limit on how much you can have, so you can't have super soldiers.

8. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Whoa an original suggestion, I'm surprised no one ever thought of this before.

9. Lee

Lee Member

I like it. Maybe shorten Respawn times too?

10. Kai

Kai Member

For gods sake, no. They should have a research to lengthen them.

11. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yeah sure I'd never research that , respawn time is short already and reducing it by lets say 5 sec max wouldn't change much which would mean removing it , which would end up in more tickets wasted , nah that's not a good idea in my opinion.

12. Andariel

Andariel Member

i really, really like this. its not that others suggested infantry research a half million dozen times, but doesnt say something? my suggestions on possible research, all classes start with the basic guns, and further guns (improved versions of existing can be researched), for example when getting HMG, light classes receive acces to heavier rifles (like mg1 for engis) or a usefull sniper for scunts and for the rifleman class, well a simple mg that kicks ass (more then they do now)

on the other hand, unlocking homing ml's could allow a grenadier to take a homing missile launcher that fires an slight stronger and faster self tracking missile, or getting upgraded grenades improves all classes grenades a bit, while giving the greni additional the option to take some kind of grenade launcher instead of the mortar (like a slight weaker mortar with automatic instead of manual reload and reduced range)

those are some of my thoughts on this

13. zenarion

zenarion Member

Anti-personnel weapons go to Rifleman, your grenade launcher including. But why the hell not allow such a gun?