Stuck in comm vehicle unable to do anything!

Discussion in 'Support' started by sickre, Mar 20, 2008.

1. sickre

sickre Member

Hi all,
    I've been trying to play as comm today - but as soon as I'm voted in, I cant do anything except move the view around. I can't place buildings, or issue orders, or even get out of the comm vehicle by pressing e. The only way around it is to disconnect from the server. This has been happening on the mittoes server, on both BE and NF. I have tried restarting the mod, steam and my PC to no avail. I have 250 ping to the server.

I'm not pressing 'A' for attack mode, I'm not out of resources, and I'm a competent commander.

Any ideas? Its really frustrating not being able to do anything at the most crucial stages of the round.

2. Sie nannten ihn KARTOFFEL

Sie nannten ihn KARTOFFEL Member

once i got the same prob
    i opened the mp3/demo player (dont know what kind of player it was and i got no idea how to open this) and i couldnt close it.
    i tried to place a building and the player disappeared but wasnt closed.
    had to restart empires.
    maybe u binded that "player" button.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

make sure that all the programs in the background are closed. HL2 and Empires use an overlay, meaning if something, like a website, is up in the background, you can accidently click links on the website while in empires. Especially if they try to be in front of empires, but because empires is an overlay, it can't be.

I've accidently hit buttons on messengers and those stupid microsoft security warnings before and had my game minimize because of it.

Also, make sure you have your keys set.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Ive commanded about 15 times now and i had this bug 2 times so i guess it
    happens often. Only thing i can do is reconnect to server.

5. flatmush

flatmush Member

Yeah the mp3 player comes up, but you don't have to restart at all. Just press the console key ` and close the mp3 player down. If you can't set the console to be active from within empires do it in another mod or hl2.

6. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Ive had this problem about 3 times randomly where i cant do anything but twist the camra on the comm. I cant even go into build mode or get out :(