Storyline Questions!

Discussion in 'General' started by Sanguis, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

So I took the time to read the Storyline which I thought was pretty good but I have some questions about it. I was first wondering if there were other sections of the Storyline somewhere that I may have missed.

1. Setting Questions.
    A. Is this Earth?
    If Yes. about how far in the future?
    If No. Is it Reminiscent of Earth? or do they just appear to be the same?

2. Appearence Questions.
    A. Warring peoples
    Do they look alike? or are there fundemental differences such as one is much larger? Or things that only one has that the other doesn't.

3. Cities and Structures.
    A. What is the Ancient City? (I think I missed that somewhere)
    B. Outside of the Game is there any differences in this kind of stuff?

Just wasn't sure if I msised that, if it was elsewhere, or If it was up to the imagination.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

A: No.
    It's similar to Earth, but takes place a while in the future.
    This is an image of the Empires world:
    http://wiki.empiresmod.com/images/2/29/Territory_map.jpg

A: BE is modified to use nanomachines, NF is genetically modified. They're the same people other than that (i think).

A: the ancient city is the ruins of the society that lived before the current one. IIRC an earthquake demolished/buried it.
    B: People have made up stories about Empires, DonMegel's stories are official. Check the storyline and athmosphere forum for that.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

1) Is there a higher res image of that where I can see the little names?

2) Who's got the top left?

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The top left is neutral, as is lower right. Unless you mean the roleplay thing that the image talk page is going on about, i own it in that case. :)

6. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

Ya I knew some of that. Thanks for the picture of the world as well.

I understand the nanomachine and genetic modifications but as far as appearances goes that doesn't say a lot. If it is all interior then it doesn't truly matter and that answers my question. The main thing was, could one side tell the other simply by looking or by action?
    For example if every brenodi had a giant cannon grafted to their chest you could say "HEY! I KNOW HWAT HE IS" (exageration of course).

The reason for all of this is sometimes I like to write and tinker around with ideas and I want it as close to official as possible. Not Real-Life consequences or something like that lol.

I was originally going to post this there but figured it would be better here. So any information would be nice to have even if I know it already, Trying to work time into my day to read the official stories before I do anything myself.

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

There's another faction/empire in Empires? Why are the Brenodi fighting the Northern Faction (i.e. remnants of the Jekotian Empire) rather than Chekotan Empire? I guess I always assumed that their was only one major nation left (Brenodi) after they defeated Jekotia.

8. Empty

Empty Member

What scale is it on? Because that map looks like a small planet.

9. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

What is the culture, moral behavior etc. etc. of Brenodi and the Jakotians?

I ask this because I remember seeing propoganda on the Brenodi side and that is usually tied to "evil dictatorships" and Jekotians launched nukes first which again usually tied to the same thing. Just wanted to know if that was setup.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its a map as in a "chart of the world" map, not a game map

so yes, it does look like a small planet because it IS a small planet

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

That map is probably 3+ years old.

12. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I was waiting for that question. :p Krenzo's initial spelling of Jekotian was Chekotan, but it was changed because the envisioned pronunciation was with the 'J' and 'sh' sound. That map depicts the territories as they stood immediately before the destruction of the Jekotian (Chekotan) capital, which occured some years before the current war. It roughly describes population trends, Brenodi territory is composed primarily of Brenodi citizens, Jekotian territory is composed primarily of formerly Jekotian citizens (though technically all are now citizens of the New Empire). Less population mixing than one might expect has taken place due to the incompatibility of BE nanotechnology with the Jekotian genetic enhancements.

Neither side is wholly good nor wholly evil, they are just opposing. A BE politician would tell you that the NF is a terrorist organization threatening the survival of good people everywhere with their outrageous tactics and dangerous biomanipulation. An NF spokesman would call the BE an oppressive regime that is forcing formerly Jekotian citizens to remain second class by a refusal to accommodate the genetic manipulations made in the past. Both allegations are true in part.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

what would the world be like if each side won? (i mean seperately)

14. Empty

Empty Member

If it were brenodi you'd probably expect a technologically minded society, with mechanics and nanotechnology becoming the most important day-to-day measures, along with the possibility of space travel, NF would all just be assimilated into the society, as 2nd class citizens of course.

If it was NF, I'd invision a slowly reforming empires, for Jekotia to wint hey need to do some serious shit, so there'd be a lot of damage to repair and I don't think BE would even make second class citizens, heavy civilian casualties would not be surprising, after the 'cleanup' and reformation of Jekotia, you'd probably see a country focussing on biological research and similar sciences, with less interest in space travel.

Overall I'd say a Jekotian win would be messier, but neither victory would be anything more or less worse than what Earth has experienced.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Don't forget, the Empire already won once. The NF was formed because of the unacceptability of 2nd class status for Jekotians in the Empire.

On this world, BE represents something similar to order and NF has a somewhat disorderly/free/chaotic society. There have been a couple stories dealing with a monarchy on the Brenodi side and it's a highly structured environment, with heavy emphasis on hierarchy. You tend to get a lot of stories showing corruption and cover-ups emerging from the Brenodi side, whereas the Jekotians are a lot more free with their society. There tends to be an emphasis that the NF is there because they want to be and BE is there because it's their duty to be.

Argh...lost my train of though :headshot:

16. Empty

Empty Member

Yeah, leading to NF being a lot more, nasty with PoW. I'd rather be NF and lose than be BE and lose.

17. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

What I always see when I look at the two is this.

BE: Oppressive regime.\
    NF: Terrorists that want their country back.

In Essence I see both sides as evil in their own right which makes it easier to be unbiased if I decide to write something.

Oh and thanks for the stuff.

18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

One thing to remember thats a seemingly common mistake: REVIVE ONLY WORKS INGAME!

That is all.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Um, I don't see anything about either side being evil
    More on this, by I haven't got time.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Although people may focus on specific sides to set their stories, I doubt people actually lose their objectivity...I mean, it's not real world matters here.