Steam Account Noob...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Spooky, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Spooky

Spooky Member

I myself have ALWAYS stayed away from "free games" from people who have messaged me saying, YEA GO HERE FUR UR FR33 GAMEZ!!!. But lately I have just become so stupid to actually believe one of them, thus I have lost my steam account to a 12 year old. this "XD!!" from the empires group have'th taken it from me on account of my momentarily extreme stupidity.

Im currently working on getting it back, but just a reminder to the empires community; watch out for those noobs who try for our hard work'ed effort in the form of steam games.

the way he has gotten my password, account name and email address, was actually threw an almost identical steam page. if you go to this page, right click, view open source and go to the VERY bottom. if it does not have </HTML>(some real steam pages don't even have it) or ect. it might not be real. I always search for poor "coding" signs in the generated sources.

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You entered your steam login onto a site which was sent by an unknown guy, besides the fact that valve never gives their games out by free?

3. Spooky

Spooky Member

Exactly. So really, I did it to myself

4. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

K .

5. Spooky

Spooky Member

Perfectly put.

the point is, don't lose your brain like I did.

6. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Why didn't you notice the URL was wrong?

7. Chahk

Chahk Member

Link, or it didn't happen.

8. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Yea, I'd like a link too so I can spam their database with bullshit credentials ^^

9. Spooky

Spooky Member

This is the problem, it wasn't wrong. it was like every other steam URL.

10. Spooky

Spooky Member

unfortunately I too have certain "base lusts" I like to fulfill, and I share this computer with some friends, and being the kind of person I am I would rather not want them to see what I look at(Lol) so I always clean out my history...

the real point is however that this person is im guessing some sort of 12 year old who is unable to buy an account, he has renamed it to "stalker" and has made the profile entirely private... Oh well, I will just have to reset the password and email on the account.

11. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

The original email used for a steam account should be permanent. You can add one, but the original remains so hijackers can't lock you out.

12. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I mean contact, that way no one can ever lock you out of your account except the STEAM staff themselves. The only way a hijacker can assume full control at the moment is to change your email.

13. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

In the beginning Steam account names were just your e-mail address, I like this a lot because, while it may be annoying for people who change provider every six months or something, it's undeniable proof that the owner of that e-mail is the owner of the account.

14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Ye I know but it's a pretty good argument