Stealth armor for tanks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lollum, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

This would be awesome. An armor that makes your tank invisible (like the scout hide-skill) when you don´t move it for 5 secs or something. Of course it´s expensive and is just as strong as plain armor but the think that you can hide 5 heavy tanks behind your enemy, wait till they pass your tanks and attack... that would be so awesome :D!

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I think I suggested this to give this to reactive. Currently it's not being used a lot because it's so heavy. Giving it a 50-70% transparency would increase it popularity I reckon

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I dunno, scouts are hard to see because they're small, the hide skill simply allows them to blend in to the environment.

An apparently ethereal tank cruising around the place might attract attention.

Sort of like trying to hide a whale by putting a cloth over it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  4. polaski

polaski Member

sweet stealth armor and scout radar stealth med BE tanks my dream welp at least 3 phase would save my bum when shot at lol

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

i dont like the idea of big tanks with stealth if stealth is only transparency. Maybee a more "water" like texture. AND only if you stand sill for like 5 sec. A nice looking effect from visible to stealth would be awesome. Like in C&C :)

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

That wont be effective; you can already see hiding scouts no problem; only if they blend in really well... But a tank, ITS HUGE! you can't miss a tank even if it semi transperant... Instead give the said "stealth" armor properties that drasticaly increase turret lock on speed/ fire rate and make them invisible on the radars...

Now that would be a good armor against turret farms; 1 "Stealth" tank to get the turrets to target it at slow rate; the rest of the team mops up the slow firing turrets :)

7. Vader6

Vader6 Member

Well, this WOULD be good for a Jeep (from a distance), though. It would also be useful for hiding in a dark area with a light tank and ambushing a BE AFV from behind.

If this was done, like all the other armor and weaponry for vehicles in Empires, it won't directly tell you where/when to use it, but in practice the players will.

8. sickre

sickre Member

Maybe stealth in terms of radar stealth? Could be an easy feature to bump up an unused armour. (Like Stealth bombers)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  9. davee magee

davee magee Member

This would be amazing, and the slight transprency would work i think, if you managed to have its effect increase the further away you were from the tank.

i.e. you cant see the tank in the distance, and invisible from radar, allowing for sneaky tactics.

This wouldn't be a combat thing, although that has something to be said for it aswell...

10. thaile

thaile Member

That makes the most sense to me if this was added to the game. The faster you go the less stealth you are and the heat keeps tanks from standing still and shooting people without them knowing where that shoot came from, because the more you shoot the less transparent you are.

The only thing about this is that I imagine there is going to be a lot of transparent apcs hidden away around the map.

11. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Grenadiers should have a detection capability like the scouts do then :P

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that's good, but I'd say it be 0.95, not 0.9

13. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Yeah I thought about that too. But we still can get anything to counter it, maybe a radar-truck or something.

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

call the stealth generator "stealth field projection cannon" and let is use one cannon slot.

So no apc can use it, and light tanks can only equip rockets for the fighting.

But whats with meds and heavys? dont know to lazy to think about it :)

15. Hypnos

Hypnos Member

I think instead of having the tanks being transparent they should instead produce no sound and show no signs of their existence on the radar. If it was transparent, everyone would use it and as another poster above said, most would "stealth" the apcs. However, if it produced no sound, no one would hear it and it would make a good sneak attack and since it won't show up on the radar, it will take a bit of time before the opposing realizes there are tanks.

16. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

For Suicide Car, like to be for. As plate, Seethroughnessarmored plate is to be good to very as Ninja. Long Range Man good for Seethrougharmored Suicide Car.

17. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I liked the stealth engine suggestion, which would be like what Hypnos mentioned, but stealth armor is just silly.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

stealth armour would suck anyway. what's the point in hiding if you die in every single encounter that you start an ambush in? waste of time.

using stealth armour would be like being a scout with only a pistol (just to demonstrate the slowness of killing enemy tanks) on a map where everyone else is rifleman.

19. Commander Z

Commander Z Member

Or how about a milder form of stealth? Like make it a scout only skill that gives your tank radar invisibility, but is still visible to the eye?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  20. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

This skill already exists.