staxpires

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by flasche, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah but generally speaking, I don't think the worst players in the pugs have been THAT bad. It's just when they try to take positions of responsibility that they really can't do. Like Connexion commanding.

2. Reznov

Reznov Member

"WHO DA FCK INVITED ETHO"

remember dat? best moment in the last pug. anyway, someone wants to manage a pug for this week?

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If Predator wants to host one then I should have time to set things up for him this week, whereas last week I just didn't have the time to give him all the pug stuff he needed.

One other thing is that the RC3 scripts are very nearly done, but I don't know whether I should wait until after the pug to try them out, given they're entirely untested, I won't be there to fix any issues, and they have nothing even closely resembling balance.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I do have loads of free time this week to get it done.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Excellent lets do it. I'll help spam once you lock in the time.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i agree with trickster ...

and seriously, if a pug gets ruined by stacks, this makes my original point even more valid. you retards are ruining your own game for some short time ego boost. dont you get how dumb this is?

if youd have considered this two years ago (i pulled that number out of my ass, i dont have the clue what and when it really went downwards that bad) maybe you wouldnt have to play on one server which only is fully populated for 2h on weekends, have plenty of clans and challenging enemies.

and i seriously cant blame dev decisions for ruining the mod - yes sure theres lots i disagree with and i also think that certain game mechanics are, put simply, quite retarded, though thats most certainly not the reason why we lack players. i started playing in the last days of 1.17 or 1.7 or smthg (like a week or two before 2.0 was released), and it was so buggy that i couldnt see the insides of barracks (and you might guess how hard it is to find out the berax if you dont have the slightest clue how its supposed to look on the inside). still the concept of a rtsfps blend, executed like in empires, with all this customizability and shit, made me stay till now.

no i cant believe that is just bad design decisions, this game never was bugfree and probably never will be.

edit:
    oh there was another page i didnt notice. thanks predator for being so awesome ...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  7. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I'm all up for a pug this weekend.

8. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

we had a crazy good game last night on coast... it was honestly the most evenly matched game of empires I have seen in years.

You know how coast is all pseudo-symmetrical right? well for the entire game each teams actions were mirrored in their opposite spot:

we're pushing their SW ref - they're on ours in NE
    they're fucking up our main from north of it? we're fucking up theirs from south of it
    the flag was traded like 20 times, and pretty much evenly shared throughout, it would be like 5-7 heavies from NF charging down my base, mad scramble to push it back, when we pushed it back, we got the flag, and the res to do the same to them....

overall that game was nuts, lots of fun... anyone know who the NF comm was on coast last night?

9. FN198

FN198 Member

solstice.

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

cool.

gg solstice.