Squad revive bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by zergl, Dec 18, 2007.

1. zergl

zergl Member

To keep it short: a squad revive (note the tickets ;), tight match) placed me behind some walls in crossroads.
    Not having console enabled (or kill binded to a button) I finally killed myself with seismic grenades to get out. Hooray Ammo crate. :D

Screenshots (7zip archive for your downloading convenience)

While in this special case it wasn't possible to shoot out of that little box I was placed into, it reminded me of that other case of wall glitching bug where people got outside of the map and could shoot poor unsuspecting buggers through the landscape, so I guess this could be considered exploitable.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  2. zergl

zergl Member

WTF? O.o
    I'm pretty sure I didn't... Anyway, re-uploaded.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

type emp_unstuck in console

4. zergl

zergl Member

Since I didn't have console enabled (or emp_unstuck bound to a key, something I will now do, along with kill), I couldn't try that.
    And I don't think it would have worked anyway, since I wasn't stuck in the usual way, I could move just fine inside that "room".

It also doesn't change anything about that being a bug, possibly hard to exploit, but still annoying when/if it happens.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Can you enable console though the GUI? I thought it was left out when Krenzo put all the keyboard options into controls

I had the hardest time getting the console to work when it wasn't enabled back in the RCs

6. zergl

zergl Member

Funnily enough, nonexistant.

Dunno if that's a bug or it maybe was removed in 2.0, but I was looking for that myself already.

EDIT: lol. I actually had the reply window open for > 30 minutes. ^^
    Yes @ what knighttemplar said.

7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Add -console to the empires shortcut in steam.

Rightclick Empires 2.0 -> properties -> Set launch options -> add "-console" minus the quotes.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

also another dubee tip is if you get revived and you feel stuck press the prone button..

8 outta 10 times I get revived I cant move untill I press the prone key

9. zergl

zergl Member

Ummmm... thanks for all the tips, but that really isn't the point here.

Already know and did that. I was just too lazy before the aforementioned glitch happened.

While the feeling stuck you mention can be annoying as hell as well, this is so not applicable to what happened at all.
    I was respawned after a Squad Revive behind some walls, basically outside the map. I could move just fine a few yards in each direction, but I was trapped inside that little box.

I think I should clarify a bit:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I was revived by a squad leader and spawned inside/behind a concrete wall. I've hinted the walls in these pictures. From the other side, the walls look just like another ordinary concrete wall you can't go through, like you expect from ordinary concrete walls. Behind the walls you can move like you would expect to be able to move, you just can't go through where those walls are, cutting you off from all the action on the frontline. :(

PS: Fear my leet GIMP skillz.

PPS: Yay, I got rid of that annoying "Junior" next to Member with that post. Go Me!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  10. arklansman

arklansman Member

Crossroads is pretty horrible about going into displacements.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah im almost postive emp_unstuck would of got you out but the whole being able to shoot out of that spot could be considered an exploit... I wonder how hard it would be to duplicate that.. Im sure a griefer wouldnt be able to get there on purpose

12. zergl

zergl Member

I guess that this glitch isn't restricted to that one spot, though.

But I concur in that it would probably very tricky to exploit that on purpose.

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't think you can shoot through it, since you probably landed in a small gap inside the concrete wall, if you tried to shoot out you'd hit the nodrawed part of the wall. If it happens again, try emp_unstuck, if that doesn't works, kill yourself.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I find it hilarious that there's a console command to open the console.

I mean I know why it's there, but it's funny to tell people who ask "How do I open the console?" to "Type console in the console."

15. Avair

Avair Member

holy shit you're right, imo console enabled should be default