Squad powers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sonecha, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

I do not remember which version it was, but the points required to use artillery strike and squad revive was raised in some version, and then changed back to what it was before. Even if I disliked the fact that I could not abuse these powers as much anymore, I still think it was a good change gameplay-wise and I have no clue why it was changed back.

Right now, no squad powers except for squad revive, artillery strike and squad hide is useful at all. With the more expensive revive and artillery the other squad powers were actually useful in some situations due to their low price in comparison.

So well. My suggestion is to either raise the cost for these powers once again, or reduce the cost of the other power by maybe one, because it makes no sense that we should only have two (or three, with squad hide) useful powers.

It's like 04:47 when Im writing this and Im really tired, so no need to comment all my spelling errors and such. : (

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I use charge, it's a good speed boost and also lets you sprintcrawl which works well for dig in riflemen.

3. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

It may be good for you as a single person, but if you look at the fact that you can revive four people for twice the cost it's rather useless. If it was lowered, or the other raised, people would not think you are retarded when using different powers than revive, artillery or hide.

4. OuNin

OuNin Member

I use recon a lot since people are blind dummies.

5. o_O

o_O Member

The other squad abilities are worth maybe 1 point if we assume that squad rev and arty are balanced. They need to be made better... somehow...

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

More expensive squad powers: No.

Most maps are commander maps. And mostly there you have only very few squad points so you will keep them for the end to do one or two squad revives.

And on flag maps you need them to avoid stalemates. They will become more boring without rushing with squad hide, arty strike turrets and groups of enemies or squad revive behind enemy lines.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm for dropping useless powers to 1.

Charge, Armour, Recon and Damage.

EDIT: What if we just buffed those powers?

Make Charge last for a minute. (would be better when charge doesn't only work forwards).
    Make Armour like a 100% increase instead of a 20% increase, so you can get out of tight spots.
    Make Recon last for a minute and be...better.
    Make Damage like a 100% increase instead of a 20% increase. (Could be a problem with Ninjaing here, that would need to be addressed)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  8. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

If you stick with your squad and your leader isn't a retard, even pubbers can gain a rather high amount of points.

Are you kidding with me? It's squad revive which MAKES boring stalemates. Both sides contiune to revive their team untill a side dropped like 10 people and loses, and that can take hours. With expensive squad revives one of the teams would probably run out of alive players before half their team dropped.

How often do you actually see "tactical" squad revives behind the enemy lines to capture flags? It happens like once in a million.

It's nearly always the team who waste their points on squad hide or squad artillery which lose stalemates like this.

Fine, I do not class squad hide as one of the more useful powers, as it only works vs retards and any decent player will detect transparent meleeing enemies.

If the squad powers like recon, damage, armor and charge wasn't all useless, that would work against boring stalemates.

9. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Then double the cost for squad revive on flag maps.

It's always very difficult to balance two kinds a of game with the same values. Maybe we have to start to have some value set depending on the map.

10. zenarion

zenarion Member

Yeah. Right. When the team is stacked and they win in 5 minutes that is.

11. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

<filler>

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You get a point everytime someone gets a point in the squad aura.. So yeah you do gain points fast even in a pub match.

I like the idea of dropping the useless powers down instead of raising the others up..