Squad power suggestions megathread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Androc, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Androc

Androc Member

So, the premise of this thread is simple. Any ideas you have for squad powers, dump 'em here. I'll start off with two for the scout.

First, one which detonates a concussion grenade at the squad leader's location, then jumps him and nearby allies, say, 150M in a random direction. So basically, you get to ninja vanish. Perhaps it could also auto-sabotage buildings immediately around you when you disappear, but that's sort of extra.

Then, on the opposite end of the spectrum, a power which jumps all squad members to the squad leader's location. Maybe it could rearm and/or heal them, too; but, that's kind of stepping in on the engineer's turf.

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I believe the squad leader's revive ability revies all dead squad members on the leader's location.

I'd like to see a silenced weapon skill for squad members :) (for those who are new, silenced weapons, when you kill an enemy, does not show the victim who killed him or his teammates that they were killed at all)

3. Androc

Androc Member

That's not quite strong enough for a squad power, though... maybe it could be used as an alternative aura? Actually, there's a neat thought, getting to pick between different aura powers.

4. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

while i do agree that scout radar squad power is pretty useless, your proposed solution seems a bit too powerful with teleport, not to mention the teleport seems a bit off, stylistically. Maybe something similar, an area stun/flash effect, but without the teleport- that I could get behind. However, as a personal opinion, I'm don't really like the concept. (But I thought making the APC a mobile spawn point was a bad idea, so what do i know :D)

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it's VERY useful if you're with your squad, infiltrating all stealthed through enemy troops.

the only problem is that it doesn't really last long enough, I would rather it lasted for double it's current length.

6. Androc

Androc Member

Well, obviously, it would have to be pretty expensive. Although, you have a point about the style.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Teleportation is on the same field as lazers and ray guns, it's just not suitable.

Actually imo what you are suggesting is game breaking, considering the other ways you can do it (apc/squad rev).

I wouldn't mind if it was the squad leaders ability to teleport to his squad - like if he dies at the front and his squad is left hanging, then he can TP there (for 1 pt or 2). I also wouldn't mind if it was for the squad leader to teleport his entire squad to an owned (built) barracks (for say 5pts) or somesuch building (like possibly armoury but this would cost much more - like 8-10pts).

But mass teleportation to the squad leader is not, imo, a good idea.

8. Androc

Androc Member

Yeah, I suppose teleportation is pretty much out.

Still, I think it would be nice if we had some more squad powers with more visible effects, instead of passive increases. Any suggestions?

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

I guess I'll bring up my Grenadier artillery suggestion.

Basically instead of pointing at whatever you want to fire at like you do now, a scout (perhaps only one in your squad) marks a target with his binoculars. Then the gren squad leader can open the minimap and select a target to bring down the artillery fire. :)

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

selecting the target would be like selecting a spawn, but instead of a circle obscuring whatever you're clicking, it's got a ring around it or something.

11. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

or a mushroom cloud. :)