squad leader infantry spawner

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pickled_heretic, Jul 8, 2010.

1. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Squad leader infantry spawners would be deployable turret-like buildings that must be constructed like turrets and require some amount of squad points to deploy. They have similar durability to cameras, but are larger - perhaps taller than walls at their maximum height. The spawner would have a lifetime of 2-5 minutes and would allow the squad leader's squad to spawn around the location of the spawner.

This would drastically alter the way empires is played, giving much more power to squad leaders to control the pace of the game and giving the squad leader much more control over where his squad operates.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

So every class would be able to drop it(as long as they were squad leader)? Would it take squad points to make? tickets?

I like it. Anything to keep the flow of the battle going and keeping people together to make the game more exciting instead of a mile walking simulator.

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

devs dont want to touch anything to close to bf2142

4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

That's right.
    It would take squad points to drop, but not tickets. Infantry that spawn there would use tickets as they usually do.
    I've never played bf2142.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I like it.. I would probably say it takes more damage to destroy then a camera though..

But yeah I never played BF2142 either.. Battlefield games let you spawn on squad leaders for a reason, it keeps you in the fun and close to team work. I am all for that.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

the whole game is close to the bf franchise.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I like the idea, but scouts doing this would be notorious, especially if people are comming and going through the squad just to jump around the map.

8. SupRore

SupRore Banned

Start of game apc spawning would be removed, right?

If so approve

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Why? I like how instead of walking places you can just spawn in an APC.. Plus if this takes squad points you won't have them at start or really that often. Depending on amount of points It would take to make.. APC's really just need to be slower and less armored.

10. SupRore

SupRore Banned

you just like apc spawning because it gives you grenadier dickheads something to do

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Something to do? Like not have to walk to the front lines? Specially great when you have a shitty comm who doesn't understand what a forward rax is.

12. SupRore

SupRore Banned

no man i mean like, writhing mass of paper armor apcs for you to shoot at

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

At least grenadiers don't go running around the map camping and pressing E on buildings so they +purplesmoke.

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

like that's a major issue ever

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

My reasoning is is that scouts are near pointless when they are isolated from the team, the enemy team can repair all those buildings, especially when it is a big game and the engineers are distributed everywhere. The scout is good for sabotaging a building, then tanks/grenadiers roll in to demolish it, or to sabotage isolated refinerys.

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This could be really interesting, but it feels a bit like a substitute for squads having revive engineers. It would be relatively gay to have pure rifleman/gren squads in exchange for being able to use that.

Maybe if it had limits, like not being able to change your class on respawn at it etc.

17. Empty

Empty Member

It's like an APC but now it's a jeep.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

that's the most ridiculous and ignorant opinion ever on this forum

the answers why this is so, are in this thread

19. War Man

War Man Member

Meh, I don't know about this. Cool and all but then again there is squad revive.

20. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I don't really see how you could compare it to squad revive. It would be MUCH easier to keep your squad together with this than with squad revive. Squad revive would be much more useful in the line of fire (like it is now).

I don't know who you are, but dubee leads squads pretty frequently and he seems to be a fan of it.