Spreading out > Squad?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Private Sandbag, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Haha, Bass.

I guess there are situations where lone wolves are effective, but I much prefer operating in squads. I remember one time on Cyclopean where Alpha Squad pushed all the way through northwest and down into the NF city, took out the turrets, and ousted the NF team, all thanks to well coordinated revives and wallspam.

2. Reset

Reset Member

Depends on the map, unless your just destroying refs. That works on pretty much any map.

Oh and it's really stupid when squad A is commanded to go one way, and Squad B, a different way. And then squad B just goes in the same direction as Squad A. It happens EVERY damn time I play Cyclopean. You don't need 15 people to take NW.

3. Bass

Bass Member

Even without squads, on mvalley the Com would ask, "2 engineers to dam, everyone else North."

Then I see 8 arrows heading towards dam.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

we won a game on cyclopean cause little mayama lonewolved and killed
    constantly all their refs :)

5. o_O

o_O Member

The dam provides resources, but consumes players. If you build it you are guaranteed to have a couple of clowns in there walling it up and doing absolutely nothing the entire rest of the game.

Hmm, what about 3 different squads heading out in all 3 different directions, wouldn't this be better then both? Allthough a pub game will never have enough smart people to do this :(

Anyway, the more people that are tied up in one location them ore valuable it is to go in a different dirrection. Even better, one engi deconning the enemies stuff can make half their team spawn over there to take care of it, causing your team to win whatever fight they left.