speculation and pure theory.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bossekille, Oct 20, 2006.

1. bossekille

bossekille Member

what if today one group of people asked if you wanted to join and build a great empire. with grand massive buildings and great inventions.
    a stoic backbone of civilization. an impressive coalition of humankind in shape of an empire. art ,philosofy and a army to conquer anyone that whould want to attack.
    whould you join?
    for real, to build and construct, invent and go where humans have not gone yet.
    pure speculation and theoretical ofcourse.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Depending on other factors, and thier standings... I might join

Where will this "Empire" form? all of the Earth's surface is already claimed by someone (Except for antarctica, which is international terriotory and a ressearch site)

3. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

There is no great empire. =p

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

as long as I get to captain a space bearing battlecruiser.

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

If we are talking future then I would gladly join an empire and forge an iron rule based on great technology and military might...

6. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

In this new Empire can I have my own pants store and sell pants to all the people that need pants? I mean come on people need pants right?

pants

7. bossekille

bossekille Member

well when its still just a what if?
    this empire whould include anyone that wants to join.
    going beyond economy and boring political agendas.
    just concentrating on arcitecture, inventions, medicine,philosophy,art and commerce. and a army stronger then anyones. keeping the people healthy and happy. develop a space program that acctually does something then just building v2 rockets that goes to stupid planets.
    new aircrafts, new land vehicles. new laws. new inventions all together.
    the magic sector of the people gets their own peice of power so there will be no struggle between technology and magic. by magic i mean religion.
    an emperor may be selected, but a forum of many great minds is to be wanted.
    to improve and enhance humankind.

walls that have been razed will be built again.

rebels and such might just be when the leader is not wanted or liked. so the emperor should be nothing but a gallion figure. other alpha males and leaders of all sorts might oppose this leader. so perhaps a united seat of power by the means of many.

this is just of the top of my head.
    just thinking about it yesterday, if i whould had joined, if a couple of guys whould ask.
    as soldier, worker or leader. just to be part of something, that acctually changes the world. not just in movies and games.

8. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

No government is free of corruption. Medicine would be controlled by the wealthy, People in the Senate would be paid by big people. There can never be 1 man-made government thats not corrupted. =)

9. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

The way I see it the empire is to supply people with the basics so they can spend their time on creating and improving technologies, research and information and the distribution of it.

All it takes is one genius to think it up, the rest just needs to copy it.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

communism! now THAT's a good idea, if everyone's happy with it.

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

Yeah, but intellect could also cause corruption. Say one man thinks up an amazing idea. Another man could want that idea for himself, destroy the inventor, and claim all of the credit. The human factor isn't drawn on paper with the original bluprints of a civilization because that factor is unpredictable. No matter how ideal a civilization sounds, it could either end up ideal, or ideal for a time and eventually be destroyed from the inside out by the people. The more people that are included in the civilization, the more likely it is to go wrong.

12. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

That is why the only only forms of government that last are the ones that control the human element(like Romen did) or thouse that can thouse that can change with the element(USA). But in time even thouse can become corrupted. So long as they dont have a forse to work agenst they will become spoiled. Need proof? What hapend the the legiens? The most powerful army in the face of the planet at the time. Since the fall the the USSR America has become soft, gullable and lasy. How else did Bush become president?...Ok I better stop this is becoming a rant... back on topic.

I would jump at the chance so long as I agread with the ideology. Some kind of new chalenge. I hear there prime relastate near Saturn...
    http://www.webscription.net/chapters/0671578669/0671578669.htm?blurb
    Good auther by the way. Have several of his books.

13. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

When the Empire offered me command of a Space Fleet Id hop on board. Otherwise I would unite the opposistion to destory this Empire which must be evil because I am agasint it.

14. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION?!??!?!?!

*head explodes*

15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

The point of it would be collaboration and the original design holds little value once it's distributed among the community. You can take credit all you want for the original but even the day it came out and gets actual application there's going to be people jumping at the chance to improve. The empire is to stimulate collaboraton if possible.

You hold no direction over "it" once it gets released. No point in reinventing the wheel.

16. Jn.

Jn. Member

But with any type of competition comes aggressiveness. I'm not saying it would happen, but it's likely someone will screw up and harm another in attempts to improve and build upon ideas, then more and more people will believe that the easy way to get ahead will be to hurt others. Of course, with more ideas shadowing previous ones every day, their attempts at harm will be futile and illogical. Instead of collaborating to better the world, people will find excuses to hate one another.

17. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I was being serious, mostly, and I'm agasint the Empire. Who is to determine what makes great Empire so great? How is it to be sustained? What about relegion? The laws cant make all relegions happy. You cant make everyone happy without becoming mired down in political correctness that destroys the productivity and message of a governing body.

I'll lead the nations against the Empire.

18. bossekille

bossekille Member

then as a great empire you be most welcome to join and improve this, one whould think.
    to make it great.if there is something missing then maybe it can be solved.
    its easy to point the finger but harder to give a helping hand.
    if it was easy to manage a great empire then it whould be done today.
    if you feel the need to destroy it, then something must be wrong.
    and the empire has failed.
    and that should be maintained at once.
    atleast that is what i think.
    if it just power one is after then perhaps a place of power should be discussed.
    the empire should be for and about the enhancment and glory of humankind, and not about some peoples egos and wallets.

destruction is easy, and one whould think that a grand empire should be able to do that with ease. but thats not the point one whould hope.
    its harder to create and build then to raze it to the ground becouse of leadership issues or something simular.

just two cents of silly speculation .

the question was about if you whould join if you got the chance to acctually make history and create something.be part of an great empire that will take humankind long steps into the future from this dizzy standstill that the earth has between empires. if suddenly there was recruitment booths at your local marketplace or whatever. something that happens for real.

19. Jn.

Jn. Member

That's my point exactly. People will tire of giving helping hands because it's hard, and egos WILL get in the way. You can't force everyone to be a certain way no matter how much good it may seem to be for. People may join voluntarily and be happy at first, but there is so much that could set them off in the long run. Built up angst could just explode forth from a person one day and someone could be murdered, and mass hysteria would ensue. Take the Puritans for example; they joined voluntarily and worked together to build wonderful, self-sufficient towns, but eventually destroyed themselves from the inside out, killing their friends and neighbors based on nothing but accusations and doubt. You can't suppress human nature, unless of course, you are the combine :)

20. bossekille

bossekille Member

hehe if it was easy then everyone be doing it.
    and an empire isnt about suppressing humans. the empire is there to enlight and enhance the human race.