Spectating tanks is broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xyaminou, May 12, 2017.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

video soonTM...

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Turns out it's not just tank, here is what it looks like:

3. Neoony

Neoony Member

Oh thats an old bug.
    It got me reported once for exploiting out of the map.

Its only like that in first person, but not in other views. (or third person too?)
    You can find the guy playing normally on the map.

Admins really need to be aware of this xD

Think this bug was in since forever...or it has been 5+ years

EDIT: actually someone gotta try reconnecting to the server, while its happening on some guy, to find out if its just client side bug
    But Iam guessing it is.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  4. Neoony

Neoony Member

Actually. I just encountered this bug.
    And although its VERY similar to the bug I meant, it doesnt seem like the same thing.

This is what I meant:

This one seemed a bit different and seems to have something to do with vehicles.
    Because the views are stuck with vehicle hud, even if in reality the guy is on foot for some time.
    Also the third person view of the guy (while he was on foot) was quite zoomed out. As if he was still in the vehicle.
    It seemed weird when switching camera views on the guy. Sometimes the bugged view showed up, sometimes not.
    Also 1st person only shows him stuck on some location on the map, spinning as he moves his view. Maybe the location of where the issue happened. Got out of a jeep in some weird way?

Reconnecting to the server by me solved this bug on this guy, so its rather clientside.

Glitched 1st person
    [​IMG]

Glitched 3rd person (notice the zoom out....think its stuck in vehicle view)
    [​IMG]

So yeah, this seems new.
    And for my playtime on recent versions of empires, it happened pretty early...so Iam guessing it might happen pretty often.

Video soon.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017