Special Faction Bonuses

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by paper, Jul 1, 2007.

1. paper

paper Member

I feel that although both the BE and NF factions have distinct buildings, vehicles, and infantry in terms of looks, they do NOT have anything that makes them different in terms of what can be researched, there is NO difference in the amount of damage that each faction's respective weapons do (both sides sniper rifles have the same effect for example), and there are no faction specific buildings or skills. Aside from looks, both sides appear to have the same stuff...as of version 1.071. Forgive me if 1.08 is different, but I'd thought I'd just suggest a little more difference in characteristics of each side. Faction specific upgrades, skills, and, possibly, weapons would be a nice idea. Please correst me if it's already been done.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

They were going to implement something like that in research (primarily), but I've no idea if they're going through with it or not.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Other than the NF LT vs AFV, or the BE AR vs NF AR (where the NF AR is now the better one in 1.08 i guess) there arn't many differences.

but wasn't this a deliberate decision by the mod so that each match was decided by the creators, so that each match would be decided by who was the better team, and not which team used their unfair advantage in certain areas to the maximum...

4. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

At least I would like to have more variety in armors and especially in engines.

I haven't seen any big difference in engines expect the speed, how well they cool itself and how well they handle a vehicle's movement when overheated badly.

All researched engines have same weight and cost. Also on armors almost all have same cost, I think.

5. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

This would be nice, but one step at a time, one step at a time.

I say let them balance the weapons first, then work on other stuff. NFAR v. BEAR, etc. etc.

6. picard131

picard131 Member

I'd say it's hard enough to balance similar teams, so they're trying to get the basics in for the next release before they try to balance totally different teams.

7. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Alright. Just reminding. :)

8. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

One noticable difference that exists right now between NF and BE is the tank outfits.

All BE tanks can only have 2 layers of armor on their rear (including heavies). BE heavies can have 2 3-slot cannons.

NF heavies can only have 1 3-slot gun. They can, however, have more armor on their butt.

Also, the LT/AFV difference is pretty huge

9. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

well equipment wise i could be a good idea for nf to have more durable equipment but less performance than be, while be has top notch equipment that tends to fail when damaged/ breaks easily

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i still think BE should get a carbine like scout rifle.. because its works well for riflemen balance in DOD:S and NF have a Carbine type gun and BE doesnt

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

It makes sense that weapons that are strapped together with little leather bands are more durable?

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

What about a carbine... AND A SCOUT RIFLE :D

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You mean like the sniper rifle in TFC?

14. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I think there trying to compair it like the AK-47 to the M-16. And beleave me any one who thinks the AK is a crappy gun needs to be shot.:headshot:

15. arklansman

arklansman Member

Well this is one of the few games that doesn't have those guns.