Spawn Camping

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Tyberian, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

firstly; i don't really mind. you die. life sucks sometimes. it's a valid part of the game, like "WTF THERE TANX R BIGGER DAN RS?!"

secondly: yes, you're absolutely right. comparing being spawn camped to a car crash isn't over playing it in the sightest. It's not like it sends you screaming back in rage. infact, anybody that even TRIES to spawncamp me, i just think "what an idiot."

as outlined before- in 10 - 15 seconds, he'll be dead from the business end of your rifle, will be stuck back in his base again, and you will have lost very little other than the same time that he did.

looking at it the other way: trying to take down a barracks with people spawning in it every three seconds is rather difficult, especially if they have big rifles and repairer dingies, and while they get 100% health each time, you must do with what you have got.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's why you don't try and kill it in plain sight. ;)

3. Tyberian

Tyberian Member

From what I understand 1.08 is going to make this all go away.
    Yeah, Life can suck....You will have to forgive my over developed
    sense of fiar play. The only time I have not allowed it to get in my way
    was when I was in the real thing. Dropping a grenade down a hole was
    allowed.........Fer sure Fer sure.............See ya on the maps.....Watch your 6.

4. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

2 Seconds. That's enough time not to get raped right on spawn, but short enough to give the enemy a chance of killing you.

I usually don't mind spawn camping in Empires much, but scouts with hide and that one hit kill rifle(I know, already fixed for the future release)... There really isn't any time even for experienced players to eliminate the enemy presence. Worst case was when we had three enemy scouts in our barracks. All hidden and moving from side to side so you couldn't just shoot where they stood(if you somehow managed to get the time to do that) that was just pure rape. I disconnected after a while. Hell scouts can't even take down the damn barracks like the rest of the classes(well rifleman less, but the 'nades can still damage it) so it was pure kill collecting.

It's amazing how annoying scouts can be in Empires. I never had any similar problems with spies in TFC or any other scout like class in any other game/mod. There's something extra unfair about scouts that makes me mad after I get killed by one. Hell I'd rather be arty raped for an hour than slowly shot to death from the other end of the open field with no cover. I know that I'll be even more pissed off about scouts in the future when sabotaging gets in... and the new semi-auto carbine kind of rifle(the one on R&D was just overpowering on close range the last time I tested it. Two riflemen down in seconds, point and clicketi click click click. :D But still better than those one hit kills.)

5. Tyberian

Tyberian Member

You have a friend for life...... Thank you.......

6. Simon

Simon Banned

It is hard to balance the RD one just the way the damage is hardcoded without making it completly useless over any distance.*

*I think.

7. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

It would be ok if the ranged rifle would deal only 49 dmg (3 hits to kill), get slower firerate and lesser power in close ranges (I saw often, that one with a ranged rifle rushed and killed all with one shot)!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  8. Simon

Simon Banned

You don't understand, the rifle is hardcode(Ithink) to do different damage dependant on range. So if you set it to 49. It works like 49-(distance/something). Or something like that, you get the idea. A dev or someone who works with the weapons on the RD server could probably clear it up. This is just my guess as to how it works.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that can be changed though: krenzo can code it to deal

Normal damage.
    If (damage > 49)
    damage is instead 49
    else continue...

It's probably harder for servers to do this, but it could definately be implemented into the game.

and I would have it as 50 damage. that way, if you sneak up on someone you can still do reasonable damage. to most experienced players, scouts arn't a huge amount of trouble anyway, so forcing them to take twice as many shots will definatly remove the only thing that people really had againsts scouts - one shot kills. (other than less teamworking.)

10. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I stopped complaining about Scouts' lack of teamwork, because I noticed that 60% of people playing don't give a flying crap about teamplay anyway.

11. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

60% of people suck.

12. Slithzerikai

I'd like to think I'm past the mediocre marker.

13. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

If you know how to get ammo, customize vehicles and know what mines are, you're above Empires mediocre. :p

14. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Yay! I'm above Empires mediocre!

15. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

woo me too

16. Slithzerikai

Okay. Then I'd like to think I'm Empires elite.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

(sorry for sizes)

Halo elite:
    [​IMG]

Colt Delta Elite:
    [​IMG]

Empires Elite:
    [​IMG]
    (thanks to Pope Homeless XIII for this)

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Id like to think I can play without exploits

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I only use one exploit, and it makes me sick of myself, but I figure most people use it and it helps a lot on empty servers.

The Engi Tool exploit.

*Cries to himself*

20. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Come and join me on the DarkSide *HEAVY BREATHING*