Sound Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Support' started by pbstrein, Feb 8, 2010.

1. pbstrein

pbstrein Member

When i play empires, my sound gets nerfed way down. On my headphones, i used to have it about 0-20% volume, so i could listen to some background music. Now i have to have it at a full 100% to listen to anything. This is 100% on my headphones, empires, and windows. This sound nerf seems to happen when i "send client info" to any server. Any suggestions/help?

2. recon

recon SM Support Dev

That's interesting. Did you check the settings window once you were in a server? Any chance you're using Mumble (which can lower in game audio when people talk on it)?

3. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

try playing with the volume command in console and see if that has any effect. Ex. try typing "volume 10" which should turn up the volume 10x the normal (assuming the command doesnt have a limit)

4. pbstrein

pbstrein Member

Well I have no idea what mumble is, so clarification of what it is and where to find it would be nice. And i dont really know much about using the console. So a link to console commands and such would really help.

5. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Mumble is a voice communication program, similar to Teamspeak and Ventrilo.

6. pbstrein

pbstrein Member

I do not believe I am using mumble because i have never downloaded it, but is it a default voice thing?