some tiny noob suggestions =)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CarnifexX, Nov 1, 2007.

1. CarnifexX

CarnifexX Member

dear krenzo, (and of course the others in the team)

I want to speak out some little tiny wishes for the Emp mod.

1. The first and very important are horns (honking) for cars especialy for the buggys and the infantry transporter. its good to make a signal for the message that the walking teammate should jump in, to drive together to a location.
    that works very good in the battlefield games, for example.

2. I also want to ask if the stamina display at the HUD is bindet on the netcode, the same with this ammo-build display from the enineer build-tool. Perhaps its better to cut it from the netcode, to make the netcode faster? (less traffic, just a suggestion, perhaps its nonsense)

3. At next the menu. Its much better to erase all drop down menus, because they suck. The ergonomic software rules banned them ^^ and you save one click, so its slightly faster.
    Class selection and the class-skills and non-class-skills should be selectet with taps (like in firefox, ar take a look on the most programm options menus (skype, trillian, openoffice, thunderbird and so on) they all use tabs in his options menus.
    In the skills menu you can perhaps forgo also tabs, if all skills (class-skills and non-class-skills) fits on one page.
    But please use tabs than drop-down menus.

4. It would be good in the class menu, if you can read in short fat words the class type and skills (example: "scout: fast, sniper, saboteur // Engineer: medic, builder, ammo) for a better noob orientation.

5. It would be also cool to make free, new skills slots (these ones with the open padlock) GREEN, that evereyone see fast that they now free and he can use it. And then perhaps yellow, if the are used/settet/filled.

6. Please delete in the "esc-menu" the point "player list"

7. If somebody had no respawn points, please let him see a message, what he can do now.
    ("your spawn points are empty, wait for an engineer that heal you, or leave the server", or something like that. that player (like me someday in the past) know what to do now. (i thought first it was a bug)

8. If somebody set the wrong (no) buttons in the vehicle weapons-fire menu, it could happen, that he spawns a vehicle, that had weapons, but cant fire them. Because the buttons in the menu are settet/selectet wrong. I entered in such a failed expensive noob vehicle three times, and it was not fun ^^. Perhaps you can solve the problem with a message like "cant spawn vehicle, no fire buttons are selectet" or something.
    better: the player who drives, cant set his firebuttons ANY time.

Thank you so much for read all this sh**.... all this things here, i hope some of that can become real. =)

Thank you for excusing my strange english O_o

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

not a single point I disagree with.

I don't think most of these will make it into 2.0, as "no new features" has been declared a while ago, but they are ALL good points.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's nice to collate points like these in one place from time to time, just so that we can zero ourselves. I'm sure the dev team are a'workin' on it tho ^^

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I disagree with 6, please make the "Player List" work, it provides muting convenience in the games/mods where it works.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The last one is already in in the form of the repair pad.

6. CarnifexX

CarnifexX Member

you can mute players in Empires with the Scoreboard (like in CS1.6). And you can add players from game with the steam community menu. so this button has no sense.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

more often than not there will not be a repair pad: you shouldn't be able to get past the 'weapon slot number choosing' section without each weapon having a button really. currently it's sorta like saying that it's ok if people dont spawn with weapons because "hey, there's an armoury for a reason". :p

8. rat

rat Member

I thought it says "your spawn point has been lost", or is that just when there is other spawn points still available?

Your suggestions are good but I think they are more finishing touches and therefore least priority.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

he means, instead of it asking you ONE time, it remind you occasionally that you don't have a spawn point selected. The first time you spawn on a team, none is selected.

10. CarnifexX

CarnifexX Member

Avair, thats such a good idea, you should set it ANY time.
    If an other player enters the Vehicle he can set his own firebuttons that he prefers. Much better. I change it in the list in first post. Perhaps Krenzo read this one day :P

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  11. Vaun

Vaun Member

i agree, and i think u cant spawn a tank if it has a gun with no firing button. But that doesnt mean u cant make a tank with fire buttons for people in seats 3-6 or watever.

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You can spawn tanks even without having guns assigned to groups, and you can reconfigure tanks at the repair pad.

13. CarnifexX

CarnifexX Member

hm.. perhaps you did not understand what i mean, and of wich version of emp i talked.