Some things I've noticed from 2.12 - > 2.2

Discussion in 'General' started by taikuodo, Dec 22, 2008.

1. taikuodo

taikuodo Member

Aside from the infantry weapons, which I think NF has a total advantage now, because of better iron sights and weapons overall, the weapons themselves are nicely balanced.

One thing : I really think that BE no longer has the stronghold on tank wars, I may be wrong (not sure if resource costs or anything got changed in researching stuff) but:

tank training map, I used to own with a Brenodi tank, full composite, HE bullets and dual rails.
    Now with 2.2, Thats not possible anymore because the rails are so freaking heavy.

North Forth Heavy with absorbant, He, and dual UG ML's does the trick for pure tank v tank battle IMO.

Thoughts?

2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Vehicle training does not count because it is not a real map. You should actually be doing better because composite recieved a huge buff. Reflective is still best now and ever

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I like the new vehicle balance but I don't think there's anything unbalanced about the weapons.

Yes NF have better sights than BE but that's marginal, the weapons perform about the same for both teams.

If anything the biggest flaw with BE weapons is the bloom rape the grenadier experiences because of the damn stupid plate in front of his view.

4. vrooom

vrooom Member

Tanks have been a lot of fun lately. I don't see that much of a difference, other then the fact that my heavy missile boats rape dual rail tanks much faster now.

5. Lord Strange

Lord Strange Member

I don't understand why people think nf have better ironsights than be, i personally find that the single spike is much easier to use than the stupid cross on the nf gun (or are you referring to the heavy rifle?). Plus the spike is much more like the actual rifles I've used (L85 and that family of weapons).

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the NF heavy rifle is the best weapon in the game in my personal opinion, not to brag but with some luck i can mow down a dozen soldiers of any class as long as the closest one is at least 20 steps away from me, if they get closer i tend to switch to the shotgun pistol (which is awesome, my favorite gun due to awesomeness and coolness) etc... but that is irrelevant

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Ironsights mode was slightly bugged (it had lower accuracy than it should have). It's fixed in 2.21.

8. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

9. gezor

gezor Member

vehicle balance is alot better than in previous versions, particulary in late game (no more fucking imba double rail heavies!).

no, thats essential for victory!!oneoneeleven

lawl, yes. i thought this annoying plate is for balance, because BE rpg has higher dmg ... but the dmg is even now. maybe, in the future, a dev puts BE grens out of their misery.

10. Jonat

Jonat Member

Maybe they should put in a glass-like texture in the view-hole designed to remove that?