some sort of magnets

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by inferno, Feb 9, 2012.

1. inferno

inferno Member

they could just disable the mines for 30 seconds (represented by a smoke graphic) like teh concussion ones

2. Reznov

Reznov Member

Paradox, not every thread gets derailed after the first post and this one sure didn't. And if you want to keep denying every suggestion after it's first post, you will never be able to get actual ideas into this game. Trust me, not every idea is 100% idiot-proof before it is being discussed. How about you try to be more constructive instead of being more destructive.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

also reznov you already suggested that gren-defusal might become useless. i actually think you should rather improve the existing mechanic.
    another incentive to defuse would be that players that died to mines couldnt be revived.
    but this ofc needs grens that a.) have and b.) know about defuse.

4. flasche

as at his age you dont have a fully developed personality you have to distinguish yourself a lot. a common, though quite pathetic, method is constantly pointing out the others faults to appear better/hide your uncertainties.
    that this doesnt work like as intended is something he will learn within the next couple of years ...

... hopefully, a lot seem learning resistant when it comes to that.

in other words, hes still a little kid, let him babble. and no its not because hes 16, candles (was that you who said youd be this young aswell?) f.e appears quite mature. its "the acceptance of poor social behaviour here on this forum and the internet in general" i was talking about in the other thread.

edit:
    another good indicator is the way he usually replies with "you fucking idiot" and such. if you want him to change, talk to trickster, he is someone paradox adores (trick as dev and leader of epic, a successful clan is a rollmodel, says a lot doesnt it?)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  5. Reznov

Reznov Member

Hm... don't know why an engineer would want to do that unless it's for APC-rushes...

Yeah... that would make rev engineers useless for minefields but defusal grens more important. emp_force_kill, which is going to be implemented in the next version, might actually get a use if you want soldiers not to be reviveable after a mine explosion.

Meh, but you know it might have grief potential in a way we haven't seen yet.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Have I ever told you that you're fat and no one likes you?

7. flasche

yeah whatever, its said, maybe it was harsh - but probably not that untrue either. he annoys me more then alucard fe. - probably because i have a severe problem with egomaniacs but can easily bear other socially awkward people.
    but he could take it as chance either, but for to change my perception of him it will still take a while though (not that i think hed give a damn about me).

edit:
    also you are right, i should be the one not offensive. but look who posted "why isnt alucard banned already" 3 times in that other thread, i dont think such mentality deserves much better treatment either.

8. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Now I wonder if paradox does put milk in his tea, just to be more like Trickster / or just less dutch ^^

9. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Trickster puts milk in his tea?

AND WE LET HIM MAKE DECISIONS?!

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

[​IMG]

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

Bro srs, the entirety of the UK puts milk in their tea, that's just how we roll.

11. flasche

i put milk in hot tea - i also love masala chai - and lemon in cold tea. i hate tea which actually contains no tea (but idk if thats a regional thing, do you distinquish this in englsih?)

12. inferno

inferno Member

in murika all we eats is hamburgers n cola

13. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

You dont need to be a gren to deal with mines, this is how you do it. there are 3 ways you can deal with them as an engineer.

1) Place walls over said mines, this works best with NF walls due to how thick they are, as long as most of the mine is covered by the wall even if it goes off the wall will take all the damage.

2) Place a radar/turret over it. the only side effect here is that if the mine is detonated the radar/turret is destroyed giving the enemy gren a point.

3) this can actually be preformed by any class. EAT COOKIE. :D

14. flasche

haha inferno you misunderstood completely, i meant to ask if you would further distinquish tea and tea, in opposition to what we do.
    we say tea to fruits in hot water aswell as to the actual tea-plant.
    im not antiamerican, thatd mean id have to be antieuropean aswell (all in all we have a tightly interconnected cultural background).

15. inferno

inferno Member

wat ._.

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

you guys put tea in milk cause you just cant handle real tea

17. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I read this in the voice of Coach from L4D2

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Can I throw something out there to this derailed topic?

What about disabling mines against infantry once they're in the process of being defused?

19. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Well, that would stop a lot of noobs killing the vets trying to defuse the mines. I see this as a good thing.

20. flasche

it should deffinately be tried out, but tbh, i dont think it will change much.
    also increase defusal range a tiny bit - unless you did that already.